sharetrader
Page 123 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1478
    Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hectorplains View Post
    Today in CEN's March op report - Taranaki Combined Cycle plant, "entered into an agreement that will enable sustained operation ." Looks like big early winter price spikes around peak periods could be ahead. That's more bad news for Flick et al. Cen's South Island storage looks good.
    GNE feeling the pinch too - "Genesis now expects an outcome towards the lower end of its previously stated
    FY19 EBITDAF guidance of $360 million to $375 million."

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Hectorplains View Post
    Today in CEN's March op report - Taranaki Combined Cycle plant, "entered into an agreement that will enable sustained operation ." Looks like big early winter price spikes around peak periods could be ahead. That's more bad news for Flick et al. Cen's South Island storage looks good.
    I see no reason for it to be a general rule. But it does seem that when things are not so optimal for MCY, they are looking better for CEN. A really clever trader might be able to develop a long term strategy to 'swap between the two'. I prefer to not worry about picking which way the market is going and just own both!

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Low interest rates, with the threat of lower again, plus that magic element that keeps the SP of utilities like this so high and I find that I have averaged a 20% compound annual return over the 5 years since buying in (with bottle top medals for brilliance in hindsight handed out for some fortuitous bottom picking).

Investing is a random pudding sprinkled with a light topping of luck. ( Tis supper time here )
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    Low interest rates, with the threat of lower again, plus that magic element that keeps the SP of utilities like this so high and I find that I have averaged a 20% compound annual return over the 5 years since buying in (with bottle top medals for brilliance in hindsight handed out for some fortuitous bottom picking).

Investing is a random pudding sprinkled with a light topping of luck. ( Tis supper time here )
    very nice return
    one step ahead of the herd

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post

Agree with the first paragraph and often the 2nd applies.
    Mercury is positioned well and its future looks bright.
    This year financially will have a small adverse effect due to the extremely dry summer.
    I am now out of all gentailers apart from mercury which I see as having the most promising future

top performer this mth of the gentailers , playing catch up

on fire up 17% for the mth

Guru

I don't get it... why is this going up so much? Yea I know interest rates are expected to stay lower for longer, but there has been a massive re-rating on MCY more so than other gentailers I feel (don't actually know if this is the case)

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    I don't get it... why is this going up so much? Yea I know interest rates are expected to stay lower for longer, but there has been a massive re-rating on MCY more so than other gentailers I feel (don't actually know if this is the case)
    it was playing catch up the other gentailers . that was the opp to close the gap. it happened with gne a while ago as well when i was saying on that thread it wass not going up as much as the others and then it had its catchup although it has been a bit of laggard this mth so maybe your get gne play a catchup again soon to match the others performance this mth.

New ATH, not much in the way of $5 now.