sharetrader
Page 125 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1478
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    What happens if we have low rates for 5 years?
    Might the price go up and up?
    You could miss out on any profit anywhere.
    Diversification is the rational answer.
    Its rational if you are at retirement age to have some in the bank and some in safe stocks as well as property(at least your house)
    I see Red lights flashing for most of the NZX at current prices particularly the power companies. PS-Not into Diworsification and only hold 3 stocks(1 Divvy + 2 Growth)
    Last edited by couta1; 05-09-2019 at 06:31 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I see Red lights flashing for most of the NZX at current prices particularly the power companies. PS-Not into Diworsification and only hold 3 stocks(1 Divvy + 2 Growth)
    Diversification to me is 2 houses,an orchard(diversified of course),6 stocks, and a few smaller varied investments including legally tight mortgage to son.
    Diworsification would be 3 stocks.
    I see Red Lights everywhere but it doesnt stop me moving forward(not traffic lights).
    I have no money in the bank as it would stay the same or diminish

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Couta have a look back at your post # 1159 , MEL would have to fall 40 % from here to be at your "overpriced " level ....
    "The market can stay irrational for longer than you can stay solvent" ......
    Maybe something has changed ...that would be the trillions of money on negative yields around the world ...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Couta have a look back at your post # 1159 , MEL would have to fall 40 % from here to be at your "overpriced " level ....
    "The market can stay irrational for longer than you can stay solvent" ......
    Maybe something has changed ...that would be the trillions of money on negative yields around the world ...
    Each to their own, it all depends how much your willing to pay for your bunch of bananas, I'm happy to pay around $3/kilo not $5 odd/kilo. PS-I didn't look at that post as I live and post in the moment not the past.PPS-That saying is nonsense.
    Last edited by couta1; 05-09-2019 at 10:56 AM.

Thoughts on what a good value price for this is now?

Advanced Member

Guru

Forsyth out this morning saying MCY overvalued on basically every single metric (vs rest of the gentailers - who are arguably already overvalued as a sector)
    Their 12 month target price indicates share price should really be about $1 lower than current.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Forsyth out this morning saying MCY overvalued on basically every single metric (vs rest of the gentailers - who are arguably already overvalued as a sector)
    Their 12 month target price indicates share price should really be about $1 lower than current.
    For once I agree with them and I'd say $1.50 lower.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Back on the high side of $5.

Still my favourite power generator, and happy to hear that they are putting more wind mills up.
    om mani peme hum

Huge trading volume today - 52.6m shares at $246m. The daily volume hasn't gone over about 6m in the last year (according to the Direct Broking charts). It may help explain a number of the other big volume - big value movements on the close.