sharetrader
Page 106 of 148 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1478
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Maybe because there was an expectation earlier on that Taupo was full and Pukaki was going to empty out but now with all the rain and Pukaki being full and power prices being low it does not help MCY as much as earlier? Or is my thinking far too short term?
    Still, full year guidance and divvy up on last year.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    HaHa, still trading at $3.22, finest display of market dumbness I've seen in a while.
    I know
    Been buying heaps this morning

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    I know
    Been buying heaps this morning
    Looks like someone big is having a sell down, going by the way that $3.22 sell price is being continuously loaded up.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Looks like someone big is having a sell down, going by the way that $3.22 sell price is being continuously loaded up.
    thanks for that advice couta
    I kept my buy price a bit lower and really topped up big-seemed silly not too with a full years guidance of 15 cents divi plus those valuable imputation credits

Good to know I'm not the only one that saw this one, I'm also perplexed at this price. I kept looking through to see what is wrong with it at this price. Happy to get in at 3.23.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by value_investor View Post
    Good to know I'm not the only one that saw this one, I'm also perplexed at this price. I kept looking through to see what is wrong with it at this price. Happy to get in at 3.23.
    I would guess that concerns about the upcoming review of power prices may be worrying some.
    https://www.radionz.co.nz/news/natio...to-be-reviewed
    Last edited by RTM; 28-02-2018 at 02:39 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    I would guess that concerns about the upcoming review of power prices may be worrying some.
    Thanks for that insight RTM.
    I dont imagine that could be that could real reason as it was a pre-election promise and it is looking at the whole industry.The article gives further details.
    As Couta says it looks to me as if there is one big seller.
    Just as vector have done with NZ windfarms a big seller can mop up all the buys-but when done on the market- it is down to a certain limit-once the seller is finished usually the sp recovers.
    I dont really care that much about the sp in the short-term as I a not intending to trade and I couldnt be happier at the price I paid and cum dividend it is even better
    This is one of my top picks for my retirement.
    If you read the radionz.co.nz article it is clear that mercury is doing what the government envisages-not surprising as they are the biggest shareholder.
    I did sell down some meridian to help me make this purchase-Jantar has posted that Meridian are spilling as a burnt out electric generator

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Maybe the review combined with the possibility that the interest rate cycle may have finally turned and infrastructure assets are seen as a bit like bonds with a steady (hopefully inflation protected) cashflow. As interest rates rise property and infrastructure company's value should fall as capitalisation rates increase. But at the current yields compared to just about any thing else around power companies seem like a pretty good yield to me.

Banned

Stock has tanked the day before it goes Ex a 6c divvy, has been behaving strangely for a while now, after the strong result, maybe it's coming out of the MSCI index?

Advanced Member

It just seems crazy and as long as you buy with the intention of a long-term hold-as I always do-does the sp today really matter?
    I bought a lot just a week ago when they went down to315.5.
    If they go up at anytime the value of my holding gets out of the proportion I want in this stock so I sell a few-the more they go up the more I sell and vv if they go down.
    Their lakes are full and the money keeps rolling in so when the sp islow I tell myself it doesnt matter.When the price is a bargain I buy