sharetrader
Page 114 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1478

Not happy with this one bit!!

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Would be greatful of peoples thoughts on the following. I had been planning on buying a few TLT shares before the take over offer was announced. I am now weighing up buying a few IFT or MCY. I was waiting for todays result before deciding which. Needless to say todays result hasnt helped me. My other thought was buying some MEL. I am looking for a good defensive stock with some good growth as well as a long term hold. I am thinking IFT might be the best option. Appreciate anyones ideas on this Cheers

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Hmmm after reading that MCY say it is too early to tell how investing in TLT renewables will play out for them, MEL might be a better option to invest in atm.

IFT is the future and they seem to me to have got the best endofthe TLT deal

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Would be greatful of peoples thoughts on the following. I had been planning on buying a few TLT shares before the take over offer was announced. I am now weighing up buying a few IFT or MCY. I was waiting for todays result before deciding which. Needless to say todays result hasnt helped me. My other thought was buying some MEL. I am looking for a good defensive stock with some good growth as well as a long term hold. I am thinking IFT might be the best option. Appreciate anyones ideas on this Cheers
    I have considered Infratil several times and not bought. I seem to remember reading about them on Craigs and part of the flavour being...Why would you buy Infratil when you can just invest in the companies that they are invested in. e.g. Met, TPW. Why pay for the additional layer of cost that Infratil brings ? Of course you can not invest in everything Infratil buys. e,g Canberra Data Center and Wellington Airport. So...still not in.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Yep that will be it, 50 mill spent on that, total dividends down from 19.6c last year to 15.1c this year. Share buy back hasn't done anything for the SP unfortunately.
    Bu the 19.6 included 5c special so dividend is up if you deduct this, a few years back they paid a special in December so still hope.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    I got some TLT when Infratil prised them out of Trustpower. I have since bought some more. I thought (and still think) that they are a good buy, even though I suspect there will be capital raisings in the short term.

I will take the money and split it between IFT & MCY in the same proportion that their holdings in TLT.

This will give me more MCY and a new position in IFT.

But no TLT, which is a b*gger.

looks like all the disappointed special div people selling out
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    looks like all the disappointed special div people selling out
    Not me I'm adding at these nutty low prices.Disc-Holding LOTS.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Not me I'm adding at these nutty low prices.Disc-Holding LOTS.
    and mel and gne are up today confirms it could be an opp
    one step ahead of the herd