sharetrader
Page 116 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1478
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    I seem to recall that the Labour Party said at the time of the power company sales that they would cancel the sales when they got into Government? Not sure how they would do that?
    How are they going to buy back? Almost 10billions. The current government already struggling...teachers, nurses increase pays, kiwibuild ....benefits and etc

Advanced Member

Meridian has also declared a final special dividend of
    2.44 cents per share ($6.25 million) under the company’s existing five-year capital management programme to return $625 million to shareholders. While the company’s existing five-year capital management programme runs through to 2020, the Board is considering the medium-term outlook and future capital requirements of the business. Under current circumstances the Board considers it appropriate to signal now its intention to pursue a further two years of capital management beginning in August 2020, seeking to return a further $250 million to shareholders.

percy

Maybe investors are taking notice of Craigs ?.
    Yesterday Craigs headline was .:Mercury overheated.....reduce to Sell.
    Target price $3.36.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    I seem to recall that the Labour Party said at the time of the power company sales that they would cancel the sales when they got into Government? Not sure how they would do that?
    I guess once Labour got into power. they found out the real reason National sold them off, was to support the NZ Share market.

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    How are they going to buy back? Almost 10billions. The current government already struggling...teachers, nurses increase pays, kiwibuild ....benefits and etc
    Exactly. At best there will be some more tinkering around the fringes. Maybe some additional funding to help promote more competition, .more advertising with power switch for example. Don't forget folks that they already have the winter relief payments to pensioners and the needy.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by boysy View Post
    Meridian has also declared a final special dividend of
    2.44 cents per share ($6.25 million) under the company’s existing five-year capital management programme to return $625 million to shareholders. While the company’s existing five-year capital management programme runs through to 2020, the Board is considering the medium-term outlook and future capital requirements of the business. Under current circumstances the Board considers it appropriate to signal now its intention to pursue a further two years of capital management beginning in August 2020, seeking to return a further $250 million to shareholders.
    okay so runs thru to 2022 , king analysis is right on the money , people selling to mel. guess you have to consider who has the best growth propects as well
    Last edited by bull....; 22-08-2018 at 06:00 PM.
    one step ahead of the herd

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Exactly. At best there will be some more tinkering around the fringes. Maybe some additional funding to help promote more competition, .more advertising with power switch for example. Don't forget folks that they already have the winter relief payments to pensioners and the needy.
    Who was it who decided the wife was more needy than me.??,,..lol/.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I must be a pensioner as I'm certainly not needy.
    Crazy to pay this to everyone whether you needed it or not.
    Should have had to go onto the Pensioner Site and tick a box that you wanted it.
    Rather than opting out. I can only think that they might have considered that many of Beagles needy might have missed out thru ineptitude.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    okay so runs thru to 2022 , king analysis is right on the money , people selling to mel. guess you have to consider who has the best growth propects as well
    That's the key, which has the best growth propects, IMO MCY is currently undervalued(Take Craig's advice with a pile of rock salt) MEL at $3.285 and GNE at $2.59 look overvalued to me and I wouldn't buy them currently.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    That's the key, which has the best growth propects, IMO MCY is currently undervalued(Take Craig's advice with a pile of rock salt) MEL at $3.285 and GNE at $2.59 look overvalued to me and I wouldn't buy them currently.
    Oh dear.????
    I only own two power companies......GNE and MEL....lol.