sharetrader
Page 23 of 148 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    I don't believe it is fully priced in. To be fully price in would assume the market expects labour to win - it is only a 50:50 chance.

Destroy may have been a bit strong but there is a least a billion to still be wiped of (based on my interpretation of what the greens said when launched).

I note the Stanford professor they are relying on has fully discredited their plan so who knows what will eventuate should they get in.
    I agree...I do not think the full unabated Green plan/threat is priced in. However, it may be a 50/50 chance for having a new Labour led Administration and on top of that it may be a 50/50 chance that they will put in place a full strength New Pricing model. If they do, they would then probably have to wait until their second term...so another very approximate 50/50 probability that would occur. So many if's but's and maybe's.

I do think if people are blindly doctrinaire they will rely on whichever research they claim supports their position, whether it is applicable or not.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 19-01-2014 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PartyPooper View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see it fall below $2 again everyone is pumping their money into growth stocks like moosie and others have mentioned. I'm not one to analyze stocks with numbers but I think the buy back will slowly put the stock towards 2.20 again and hopefully people pilling in for the divi could push it to 2.25-2.30. The election will also be a big factor but I doubt we will ever see 2.50 for a year or two.

I've been tossing up over the past week whether to sell MRP and put it all into more SUM or RYM but because the divi is getting close and same for MELCA, i'm going to hold I think.
    Thanks for that PartyPooper and Couta1. My plan of attack will be.....

Either wait to $ 2.25 and "I'm out of here" or "Sell in May and go away" Whatever comes first.

Thanks for that.

Cheers
    Last edited by blocker3; 19-01-2014 at 02:37 PM.

......CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHEN MRP GOES X next dividend.........and if so, what is the dividend likely to be? cheers.
    Have a Gr8day.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    ......CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHEN MRP GOES X next dividend.........and if so, what is the dividend likely to be? cheers.
    Mighty River Power is forecasting an interim dividend of $72.8 million which equates to 5.2 cents per share to be paid in March 2014.

so first half earnings 123.5m, thats 8.9cps, projected full year earnings 18cps, current PE 11.5($2.07), it is cheap, isn't it?
    Last edited by Master98; 26-02-2014 at 11:51 AM. Reason: add current share price

shareprice looks like its finally crossed the resistance trendline and broken out of the downtrend... or is that just wishful thinking? ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by bryndlefly View Post
    shareprice looks like its finally crossed the resistance trend line broken the downtrend... or is that just wishful thinking? ha ha
    I hope the shareprice does not increase.

As a happy long term holder, I note that the resumption of the buyback begins tomorrow. There is plenty more in the kitty.

with over 13m shares remaining need to buy back will start tomorrow until October, I think share price will be push back to $2.3-$2.4 range.

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    Do the bought back shares pick up the bonus shares? ... (sorry, question behalf of another)
    No. But if eligible holders sell their entitlement then the resulting shares or cash will either go to MRP or the government. Which is a good question.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    No. But if eligible holders sell their entitlement then the resulting shares or cash will either go to MRP or the government. Which is a good question.
    It will be a saving to the government. the listing of the shares was (in theory) nothing to do with the company.