sharetrader
Page 25 of 148 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Well much to my surprise I have a few MRP shares sitting in the shoe box in the corner looking a little unloved.
    If I ever come up with a good reason for why they are here (short term rising price and volume probably) I will let you know.
    If they resume their decline I will shoo them out.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Shine on you crazy diamond

Well much to my surprise I have a few MRP shares sitting in the shoe box in the corner looking a little unloved.
    If I ever come up with a good reason for why they are here (short term rising price and volume probably) I will let you know.
    If they resume their decline I will shoo them out.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    PT You sell and me buy, already doubled my holding, average price well below $2.20 plus div $0.124, noticed from ASB site MRP NTA $4.1, is it right?

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Unhappy Mistakes are often made.

Quote Originally Posted by Master98 View Post
    PT You sell and me buy, already doubled my holding, average price well below $2.20 plus div $0.124, noticed from ASB site MRP NTA $4.1, is it right?
    You may wish to re-read my last two or three posts, then you may see that I bought some in the last few days and that they are on notice to not test their recent lows.

NTA should read about $2.26.
    A figure of $4.10 equates to the total assets (including intangibles!) and ignores the liabilities.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

I have only done a quick run over the HY results but I have normalized the EPS to 7.4cps would consider doubling that up to 14.8cps for the full year but no higher than that.

I see that MRP talk about an adjusted net profit and dividend payout of 13cps for full year.

So perhaps not such a bargain at all?

I notice the last bout of buyback did not stop the share price declining.

But one day the downtrend will end and then I will read the accounts again and you never know, even buy some.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Currently CEN trade at PE 17.26, don't you think it is reasonably to assume MRP should trade at this level, if so even use your EPS 14.8cps, then MRP should trade at $2.55.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Wink Most coins have two sides

Quote Originally Posted by Master98 View Post
    Currently CEN trade at PE 17.26, don't you think it is reasonably to assume MRP should trade at this level, if so even use your EPS 14.8cps, then MRP should trade at $2.55.
    Or CEN is even more overpriced.

I abandoned giving any relevance to PE ratios a long time ago.

CEN is CEN and MRP isn't

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Guru

Never say never! More than other "developed" countries most NZers have tunnel vision in relation to investment. Its Property and you borrow to get into the most expensive you can get money for! Baby boomer parents were stung by 1987 and took fright of shares. This generation were being welcomed back by John Key...into MRP and others...and got stung by politics.

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    Many unplanned children happen moosie(remember the bird and bee's chat your parents gave you)so unless you have had the snip or this is your way of telling us you are attracted to the same sex you cant be to sure on the no children.lol
    Ahhhh snapiti, ever the pragmatist :-)
    Last edited by biker; 12-03-2014 at 10:16 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    My partner is most definitely female

I'm pretty 100% sure I'm never having kids as well. Not posting up why here

if I set up a fund will you contribute? We could bookmark this thread as Financial Markets, IPO's and Politics 101!
    you can speculate on that 2nd line on the off market discussions folks
    Last edited by skid; 12-03-2014 at 11:06 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    Many unplanned children happen moosie(remember the bird and bee's chat your parents gave you)so unless you have had the snip or this is your way of telling us you are attracted to the same sex you cant be to sure on the no children.lol
    Being in a same sex realtionships need not stop the sound of little feet, plus infertility does not stop adoptions....

Guru

Is anyone else wondering about these price rises and the fact that they are coming off the back of significant selling of electric co by the Govt.---And then they get all concerned and say they will look into it---Not looking good for the average Kiwi