sharetrader
Page 36 of 148 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

Quarterly operations update out. Looks much as expected apart of the following.

Ngatamariki down 10MW due to steam decline in the reservoir it seems. Drilling a make-up well to come online later this year.

Southdown "under review" , wonder who is lining up to buy this thing then . Would be a nice bit of cash to put into geothermal or fund some hydro upgrades. Unsure exactly how much this thing is worth second hand.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by rbel038 View Post
    er review" , wonder who is lining up to buy this thing then . Would be a nice bit of cash to put into geothermal or fund some hydro upgrades. Unsure exactly how much this thing is worth second hand.
    I would have thought no one would buy it. It would be mothballed.

I guess thats one of the options they would consider, I always thought they would hand it off to either genesis or meridian in the future while they pushed ahead with developing the geothermal capacity they currently have consented.

Genesis I guess would be able to retire coal rankine units at HLY nearing their design life and meridian would actually get some thermal generation, along with exposure in the north island. I personally hope they just get rid of it at some stage, but can see the benefit in mothballing if we have dry years ahead

Guru

I think even National has a goal of 95% renewable electricity by 2025 (compared to the Greens 100% by 2020) so I think other companies would be relactant to buy. Best buyer is probably the government - dont they own a few for emergency backup?

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    I think even National has a goal of 95% renewable electricity by 2025 (compared to the Greens 100% by 2020) so I think other companies would be relactant to buy. Best buyer is probably the government - dont they own a few for emergency backup?
    Dunno but im sure there is enough hot air generated in the beehive to run a steam cycle

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Govt. don't own any more "reserve" thermal units following sale of Whirinaki to Contact.

Has anyone ideas about the rise of MRP share price. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by mouse View Post
    MRP still traded below its issue price $2.5, do you think it is abnormal to rise?

Quote Originally Posted by mouse View Post
    A few reasons I can think of. First, its undervalued, secondly, labours poor showing in the recent polls and thirdly a lot of the brokerages are rating it quite high. Craig's has it listed as a buy with a target price of $2.75

Quote Originally Posted by Okebw View Post
    A few reasons I can think of. First, its undervalued, secondly, labours poor showing in the recent polls and thirdly a lot of the brokerages are rating it quite high. Craig's has it listed as a buy with a target price of $2.75
    Don't forget the buyback MRP carried out, accumulating a large chunk of stock to be held as treasury stock.

I think you'll find a strong correlation between Labour polling and MRP.

MRP also has its bonus share issue coming up next year. A lot of newbs sold out early so the Crown will have to do something with the shares it withheld.

Next divvy advice should be good