Page 52 of 148 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    My track record on power companies is pretty good,
    Whose isnt??

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Whose isnt??
    Going back a year I'd say many peoples wasn't, shame about the underlying sarcasm which shows its ugly head too often on this forum.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Going back a year I'd say many peoples wasn't, shame about the underlying sarcasm which shows its ugly head too often on this forum.
    Don't be too hard couta, Harvey's right. Anyone who bought the ipo's and held on, as many would because, in the main these are earners, they would have been disappointed but not devastated to see the prices leaking capital after the ipo, and begin a crawl back up after that. It became apparent as the election loomed that the political risk to the sector was reducing, and even if one waited until after the election, when the prices all broke up, buying then for growth as well as earnings came into play. Sure, we're probably all enjoying a bit of levity having these companies appreciate so much in a short time, but sarcasm, I don't think so, it's a plain fact.

disc: overweight in MRP and MELCA, had GNE but sold for a nice profit. On balance, they're up significantly and there's no prowess involved at all, just wanted some nice solid earners from the ipo.

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Disc: 71% total profit (dividends + unrealised gains) on MRP since 10-Mar-14 .
    Out of that shoebox under your bed and onto the mantlepiece now eh Paper Tiger?

Intraday high of 349... I was calling 350 before Xmas but this is close enough for my liking.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Red face I thought there was probably 20% in it

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    Out of that shoebox under your bed and onto the mantlepiece now eh Paper Tiger?
    You have to think that it is an interesting market when a boring utility stock can move so much in such a short space of time.

And to think that some people waste their money on speculative stocks.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    And to think that some people waste their money on speculative stocks.
    Taking into account the bond issue and sale of overseas assets, MRP has a fair bit of capital to do something with

Who knows, maybe it's time for MRP SaaS subsidiary...

The Kid

Also MRP are well balanced with geothermal power now making a significant contribution. http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/geother...urce-db-167504

Just waiting for MRP to start selling EV's and open up fast charging stations along sh1 , then lets see how many powerplants we can crank out each year

They have actually installed quite a few along at the waikato stations for the company fleet, its quite cool apart from having to make some detours to get from hamilton to taupo and back lol

Membaa

Default HY report tomorrow 24 February

Looking forward to MRP announcing HY results tomorrow, 24 February. Recent sp action has settled the past four weeks after a stellar run over the past year, particularly since the election Sept'14. Short term indicators are positive though medium term have softened. MRP aim to pay distributions with a pay-out ratio of 70% to 85% of free cash flow on average over time, with 40% paid interim in March.

Attachment 7118
    Weekly chart