sharetrader
Page 59 of 148 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast
    Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Question Abbott and Costello, Morecombe and Wise, Wallace and Baa_Baa

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    In a word - No.

FY14 (30-Jun-14) EPS was $0.153 (PE=20 @ SP of $3.05)

HY15 (31-Dec-14) EPS was $0.006

But we pay little attention IFRS NPAT for any company and read the detail of the accounts.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace D View Post
    Is that HY15 EPS correct, seems very low in comparison?
    Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Thanks…..HY EPS of $0.05 is an improvement on $0.006? but still well below FY14 levels?
    Stop it guys, this is just too much .

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Smile Laurel & Hardy

Attachment 7289
    Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    In a word - No.

FY14 (30-Jun-14) EPS was $0.153 (PE=20 @ SP of $3.05)

HY15 (31-Dec-14) EPS was $0.006

But we pay little attention IFRS NPAT for any company and read the detail of the accounts.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Best Wishes - as always
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Membaa

Well it could be that I posted a Meridian report on a MRP thread ... yo ho ho ha ha ha. Silly me. I get it.
    I've deleted my posts, apologies to anyone who got a gut ache from laughing too hard.

I could never be embarrassed being compared to famous comedians…..I have far to much fun and laughter on here…..have a look at the reaction since I posted the same question on the GNE Genesis thread yesterday……now they all seem to think very differently! hilarious……
    Last edited by Baa_Baa; 17-04-2015 at 03:07 PM.

Keep in mind that hydro power is considerably more valuable in winter than in summer, but it's generation cost is identical. Wind (when it blows) is deferring some hydro generation, and that deferred hydro can replace some thermal in winter which increases profit. I believe this is MRP's strategy as they wind down Huntly. But water reserves must be built up in anticipation due to projected faster drawoff and lake water level management rules

This is just my take on the situation, interpreting the data and information.

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by xafalcon View Post
    I believe this is MRP's strategy as they wind down Huntly. But water reserves must be built up in anticipation due to projected faster drawoff and lake water level management rules
    I am an investor in MRP but don't know nothing about NZ power generation or demand but isn't Huntly power station owned by Genesis.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I am an investor in MRP but don't know nothing about NZ power generation or demand but isn't Huntly power station owned by Genesis.
    Yes, that's what the Genesis investment statement told us last year.

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    MRP own the Southdown gas fired plant in Auckland. That is what they are referring to. However they are decommissioning in later this year.

Membaa

Tomorrow Monday 11th May is the last day for MRP IPO holders to qualify for Loyalty shares 1:25 which are issued 21st May. Loyalty is a strange description, it has felt more like a noose. Energy companies taking a beating lately.
    Last edited by Baa_Baa; 10-05-2015 at 07:49 PM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Tomorrow Monday 11th May is the last day for MRP IPO holders to qualify for Loyalty shares 1:25 which are issued 21st May. Loyalty is a strange description, it has felt more like a noose. Energy companies taking a beating lately.
    Long term holders won't care.

Traders won't get them anyway.

If long term holders who are also traders exist then they would have sold and bought back more than the 4% bonus shares

Happy holder right here, will enjoy my noose shares
    'I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation.' - G B Shaw

Membaa

Agree (for a change), us longs won't care too much, we've already weathered a few storms. Not sure what you mean by "Traders won't get them anyway". I'm glad I accumulated a few more below IPO and pre-election so still nicely ahead overall. Just punishing myself that I didn't trade out of my non-IPO holdings when the price was screaming 'get out', a missed opportunity. We'll see how the longs feel if the price continues down to the election breakout, or below, it may present a nice accumulation opportunity again, unless Snaps is correct on his EPS projections, though I think we're below his fair valuation already? The chart, fwiw says oversold on a number of indicators, but they've been stubbornly oversold for some time now. I'll stick with my weekly chart for an uptick before getting too much more into MRP.

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    Long term holders won't care.

Traders won't get them anyway.

If long term holders who are also traders exist then they would have sold and bought back more than the 4% bonus shares

Happy holder right here, will enjoy my noose shares