sharetrader
Page 60 of 148 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Agree (for a change), us longs won't care too much, we've already weathered a few storms. Not sure what you mean by "Traders won't get them anyway". I'm glad I accumulated a few more below IPO and pre-election so still nicely ahead overall. Just punishing myself that I didn't trade out of my non-IPO holdings when the price was screaming 'get out', a missed opportunity. We'll see how the longs feel if the price continues down to the election breakout, or below, it may present a nice accumulation opportunity again, unless Snaps is correct on his EPS projections, though I think we're below his fair valuation already? The chart, fwiw says oversold on a number of indicators, but they've been stubbornly oversold for some time now. I'll stick with my weekly chart for an uptick before getting too much more into MRP.
    Different portfolio, different behaviour - why buy and sell it is my view. Traders won't get bonus shares because they won't have held them for 2 years from IPO
    'I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation.' - G B Shaw

Investor

Got my bonus shares allocated today

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Got my bonus shares allocated today
    How were you notified of the bonus allocation? Tks

Investor

Checked on line through computer share website...

Lightbulb

Let's Ask Robbo24 - Sharemarket Tip #64

Robbo24 recommends setting up an online calendar shared between your phone and other devices that allows you to easily enter important upcoming dates/events for your stocks. That way you can easily track what's coming up next and other important things like bonus share issue dates.

For instance, I added 21 May 2015 to my calendar when I read this reminder https://www.anzsecurities.co.nz/Dire...spx?id=3842108

This has been another helpful sharemarket tip by Let's Ask Robbo24.

'I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation.' - G B Shaw

Guru

Has anyone else noticed that Might River Power gone from being the best performer on the NZX 50, to one of the worst? Surely with this winter weather and rain you would think the lakes would start to fill, and therefore MRP to improve, yet investors continue to sell.

Can anyone explain why it has fallen from over $3.50 in very late January to $2.76 (or about 21%!)? I know it probably wasn't worth $3.50 (at that time), but is the company really doing that badly for it to go back down to the $2.70's? (I would have thought low $3's would have been more appropriate)

Banned

Trader_Jackson you can't explain a schizophrenic market you just accept it like you would any person with a mental illness.

Investor

Looking at the volume, me thinks its just the retail investors selling out. As the saying goes, "sell in May and go away".

Banned

Looking at the volume, me thinks its just the retail investors selling out. As the saying goes, "sell in May and go away".
    I wonder how many of them are selling for a profit or are many just following a sheeple mentality with a good dose of panic selling chucked in? In future I will be selling some stock in February and buying in May now that makes more sense to me having done the calculations and takes advantage of the sheeple effect.
    Last edited by couta1; 27-05-2015 at 03:58 PM.

Quite possibly its the small investors who were waiting for the Bonus Shares before they sold. Hence, now, a bit of a rush. But MRP seems ok as an income hold to me.