sharetrader
Page 63 of 148 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Antipodean View Post
    .....Not sure if roadside lighting consumes a large amount of power relative to other usages like industrial or household.

I found a paper (PDF File) that shows all street lighting in NZ amounts to less than 1% of various distribution companies revenues (page 21/25)..... and most accounts a high % of the bill is fixed so I now understand the slow uptake to LED street lighting...and what you say Antipodean about refits.

The paper also shows some insight into the NZ Power Market structure and how future technology may inpact on this structure, especially when it comes to methods of billing major customers...interesting reading to fill in ones time
    Last edited by Hoop; 25-06-2015 at 11:59 AM.

Lightbulb

You know, if the sky doesn't fall there is some pretty good yield on MRP and other power companies

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11470604
    'I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation.' - G B Shaw

Exactly, and hasn't the market moved to price in this uncertainty already. Some think the market is about to go to hell in a hand basket. Reminds me of the markets reaction to Labour electricity policy. Nibbling still (on one of them)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    Exactly, and hasn't the market moved to price in this uncertainty already. Some think the market is about to go to hell in a hand basket. Reminds me of the markets reaction to Labour electricity policy. Nibbling still (on one of them)
    As you say just a repeat of the pre election nervous Nellie's selling out and if nothing happens its fireworks time Disc- Holding quite a few of these at a significantly higher price than the current one.

I am freezing down here in Christchurch. Heaters running flat out. A small fin heater tucked under the desk between my legs. Winter is sure good for increasing electricity demand. With most of the NZ electricity being supplied by renewable generation. Generators look after the maintenance of the generators too.
    A major point to remember is that high efficiency normally comes at a higher maintenance cost. Heat Pumps are a good example of this. They need maintenance.
    Log Burners need Logs. Which need to be found. And sawn. And stored.
    My beef is how I am being charged, in Christchurch, 18 cents a unit for the wire from Twizel to Christchurch. It would almost be cheaper to drive up there and fill the car up with the stuff, batteries you know, and drive back. It cannot cost that much for the wire from Twizel.

Quote Originally Posted by mouse View Post
    I am freezing down here in Christchurch. Heaters running flat out. A small fin heater tucked under the desk between my legs. Winter is sure good for increasing electricity demand. With most of the NZ electricity being supplied by renewable generation. Generators look after the maintenance of the generators too.
    A major point to remember is that high efficiency normally comes at a higher maintenance cost. Heat Pumps are a good example of this. They need maintenance.
    Log Burners need Logs. Which need to be found. And sawn. And stored.
    My beef is how I am being charged, in Christchurch, 18 cents a unit for the wire from Twizel to Christchurch. It would almost be cheaper to drive up there and fill the car up with the stuff, batteries you know, and drive back. It cannot cost that much for the wire from Twizel.

Can sympathies with that in CHC 9Kw heat pump running 16Kw keeping the spa warm.....6Kw underfloor heating element overnight....I'm sure my MRP divi's are not quite keeping up with my usage!! somehow think solar wouldn't cut it either.......for now I think the electricity demand will rule

Quote Originally Posted by waddis View Post
    Can sympathies with that in CHC 9Kw heat pump running 16Kw keeping the spa warm.....6Kw underfloor heating element overnight....I'm sure my MRP divi's are not quite keeping up with my usage!! somehow think solar wouldn't cut it either.......for now I think the electricity demand will rule
    Bed, with a hottie, is the only solution.

Quote Originally Posted by mouse View Post
    Bed, with a hottie, is the only solution.
    Or two hotties, is better.
    'I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation.' - G B Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    Or two hotties, is better.
    Hail now, snow soon. It must boost electricity demand. Solar Energy is a bit of cold comfort at the moment.
    Plus talk of Greenhouse Gas Reduction means using Hydro generation.

Bloody freezing this morning - must be good for business though