sharetrader
Page 7 of 148 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    MRP are down 12% since listing,while MELCA are up 11%.
    I would be selling my loser, and be buying more of my winner if I held both.
    [As you would expect I only hold MELCA].lol.
    MRP are down 7.6%. There has been a dividend in the mean time worth 4%.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

percy

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    MRP are down 7.6%. There has been a dividend in the mean time worth 4%.
    My mistake.
    So we have one company down 7.6% while the other is up 11%,
    Yes, still one is a loser,while the other is a winner.!! [with fat divie to come].lol.

Banned

My mistake.
    So we have one company down 7.6% while the other is up 11%,
    Yes, still one is a loser,while the other is a winner.!! [with fat divie to come].lol.
    Why?
    The price you paid is irrelevant to how the stock is going to perform going forward. Cant change what has happened.

percy

The share price is telling me that MRP are in the wrong part of the country to supply the huge increase in power usage that irrigators in Canterbury,South Canterbury ,North and South Otago, The Mackenzie Basin,and other parts of the South Island,will place on Meridian.

I often wonder if the Govt will abandon further sales, seeing as things haven't exactly gone smoothly to date. The upcoming referendum and its predictable showing of public opinion could be the easy out that they need.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by BWH View Post
    I often wonder if the Govt will abandon further sales, seeing as things haven't exactly gone smoothly to date. The upcoming referendum and its predictable showing of public opinion could be the easy out that they need.
    I think the Govt will find it near impossible to float Genisis while they have the ex Mainziel chair person as chair.

Guru

I think the Govt will find it near impossible to float Genisis while they have the ex Mainziel chair person as chair.
    I still think they will carve it up. Huntly is worthless.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

I have them at being $10,977,530.01 through their buy back so fair way yet.

The announcement on the 29th of October said that:

"The Crown, which holds 51.76% of Mighty RIver Power's shares, has advised the Company that it does not wish to participate as a seller into the share buyback."
    https://www.nzx.com/companies/MRP/announcements/243006

Was the crown selling shares to the MRP buy back before this date??
    It say's the buyback is at 8.30am so are they off market trades? and if so from who?

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    I still think they will carve it up. Huntly is worthless.
    The demand for electricity is in the North Island. Which is where MRP is located. 40% of their output is Geothermal, the base load. Hydro is switched 'on' and 'off' as required. It deals with peak periods.
    Huntly is worse than useless to my mind, it is a liability. How much I do not know. They firstly have to mothball it, then they have to demolish it and maybe even clean up the site? How much that lot will cost is pure guess-work.
    The best thing Govt can do is sell off the bits of Genisis. Meridian would then buy Twizel and reduce their dividends for a few years.
    Last edited by mouse; 07-11-2013 at 05:02 PM.

The Phillipine Typhoon, winds of 200 mph, demonstrates that our power lines are a bit of a problem in a blow. Hence it is better to have short lines to the major customers. My experience was of Typhoons in HK. For six years. They could be severe.