sharetrader
Page 84 of 148 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    MRP has been quite volatile lately, more so than the other gentailers (I believe), I am not really sure why and haven't looked at the volumes, but they all seem to be a very similar drop at the start (either by a bit of alot) and climb back up to finish even or well above, or stay stable then fall off towards the end of the day...
    At $2.60 the dividend payments are pretty impressive, particularly with bank deposit rates collapsing. Having said that, I bought at $2.16 and then sold most of my MRP shares later at a good profit, holding only a thousand now. Which have cost me nothing. I suppose I should buy more at $2.00!

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Lightbulb Obviously a goer

Now here's an idea:

Just read this about an undersea data center experiment. SO drop a few of these in the hydro lakes on the Waikato.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Now here's an idea:

Just read this about an undersea data center experiment. SO drop a few of these in the hydro lakes on the Waikato.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    underwater data centre - what could possibly go wrong. While the waikato is closer to businesses, the glacial melt in the south will result in much better cooling.

Personally I think floating solar on top of hydro lakes makes more sense. No wasted land and the network infrastructure is already built. Plus would be nice to work on that above poo ponds - http://www.waterworld.com/articles/p...-benefits.html

Banned

Is the market disappointed with the announcement of a slightly lower guidance and a held dividend rather than an increase, which some were forecasting?

Edit: And does anyone know the date one has to hold for to collect the 14c divi. Thanks.
    Last edited by BlackCross; 23-02-2016 at 11:39 AM.

My understanding: total FY16 will be 14.3 INCLUDING the 5.7 you receive 31 Mar.
    Compares to FY15 of 14c (plus special divi of 2.5c, which nobody talks about this year).
    Last edited by sideline; 23-02-2016 at 12:35 PM.

Guru

So dividends will be about 2.14% higher than last year, excluding any special dividend declared (which probably won't happen this year). Downgrade in earnings was relatively expected and do note that MRP's results today were just above Forsyth's expectations. I am surprised the market didn't like it as I believe the current price more than takes into account MRP's 'battling' in the market, although it is no where near the bad position of Contact (who also did not increase the dividend)
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 24-02-2016 at 03:59 AM.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCross View Post
    Is the market disappointed with the announcement of a slightly lower guidance and a held dividend rather than an increase, which some were forecasting?

Edit: And does anyone know the date one has to hold for to collect the 14c divi. Thanks.
    Record date for the dividend is 11 March.

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    So dividends will be about 20% higher than last year, excluding any special dividend declared (which probably won't happen this year). ................
    trader_jackson, I calculate 2.14% higher, not 20%.

14.3 / 14.0 = 1.0214

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Harvey let's be clear what I am suggesting will happen to NZ power consumers of the future. All consumers linked up to the grid will get:

1/ a fixed line charge (as they do now - goes to local lines company) plus
    2/ a fixed energy charge (brand new - goes to gentailer) , plus (if they use one heck of a lot of power)
    3/ a variable energy charge on top of that (also goes to gentailer).

However most consumers won't use enough power to get into that variable energy cost band. So for most consumers the power bill will be fixed, regardless of the amount of energy they use. With this type of charging system, putting your own solar panels on the roof would replace energy that you are already paying for anyway. So the net benefit of putting panels on your roof will be absolutely nothing! The solar panel market in New Zealand would collapse under this pricing scenario.

SNOOPY
    I am waiting for a reliable storage solution for after dark use before installing solar panels on my roof. Then theoretically will have small reliance on grid supply.
    Last edited by permutation; 24-02-2016 at 07:23 AM.