sharetrader
Page 85 of 148 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sideline View Post
    trader_jackson, I calculate 2.14% higher, not 20%.

14.3 / 14.0 = 1.0214
    Sorry, you are absolutely correct. I have changed my statement now.

Guru

Quite a performance this past week (particularly yesterday) looked like a foreign buyer coming in big time very late Friday...

Anyone else thinking we could see $3+ soon?

Guru

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11608050

"Business Insider understands, however, that there would the capacity for Mighty River Power to receive funds that are forfeited to the Government."

Chance they might get a million back? (that was probably previously deemed a write off)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by permutation View Post
    I am waiting for a reliable storage solution for after dark use before installing solar panels on my roof. Then theoretically will have small reliance on grid supply.
    I have a friend who has worked extensively in this field---his first step (before even getting into the solar panels etc) is to create the most efficient energy envelope possible--that would be a good first step.

If the energy cos want to discourage saving energy in other ways by fixed charges,then perhaps that problem should be dealt with in terms of bringing it to the attention of as many as possible(unless you can get completely off the grid,which would be far easier once you get things like heating ,and retaining heat,out of the way.

Guru

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/opin...-opportunities

Interesting article from stuff this morning, they reckon Might River Power has the best chance in the photo-voltaic industry, Genesis having somewhat of a chance, and Meridian and Contact having the least....

The Kid

Thanks for the link trader J. I'll be interested to see the approach of the incoming CEO at Genesis (and the board) and whether he can maximise value from their large numbers of retail customers. For example, supplying telco, internet, tv services as well as rent to own/lease PV systems. As per Rod Oram's article ....."Ergon had to reinvent itself to survive. It became an energy services company. To keep some industrial companies, for example, it has installed PV systems on their premises for free, recouping the cost through long-term electricity contracts." Time will tell I suppose. I agree with Rod Oram, MRP seem to be far more proactive in regards to PV and EV's etc.
    Last edited by IAK; 20-03-2016 at 11:08 AM.

Opinions please. telling myself recent run is due to dividend pending and low interest rates? Am I missing something? Been holding since listing and beginning to consider exit and looking for other share opportunities. Do you think there is much left in its current run?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Golfer01 View Post
    Opinions please. telling myself recent run is due to dividend pending and low interest rates? Am I missing something? Been holding since listing and beginning to consider exit and looking for other share opportunities. Do you think there is much left in its current run?
    It has been all the way to $3.50+ before, and although I think there is still some more to run (MRP has the most sustainable dividend in the sector in my view) and I have also been holding since IPO (also the first stock I ever brought) I too am considering selling, although will probably wait till we get back in the $3 mark. I know Forsyth have a valuation around the $2.90 or $2.80 mark... I too would be interested to hear any thoughts more knowledgeable members may have

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    It has been all the way to $3.50+ before, and although I think there is still some more to run (MRP has the most sustainable dividend in the sector in my view) and I have also been holding since IPO (also the first stock I ever brought) I too am considering selling, although will probably wait till we get back in the $3 mark. I know Forsyth have a valuation around the $2.90 or $2.80 mark... I too would be interested to hear any thoughts more knowledgeable members may have
    As said somewhere else I'm more of a collector than a seller. So will hold more or less irrespective of the SP and hopefully enjoy great dividends for many years to come. If I sold....I would just have to figure out somewhere equally safe (or risky depending on your perspective) to put the money.

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Shares, unless you spend oodles of time cogitating on what is what, is best buy a decent share and pocket the dividends.
    Which brings me to retired people. The accepted knowledge is that retired people will sell their shares on retirement. I disagree. They will hold steady paying income shares. And fritter away the dividends on wasteful pleasure.
    Second, within the next 20 years most motor cars, and buses, will be electric. Particularly for town use. Charging overnight. And that market will more than replace the varied solar energy systems being installed. Further, there is the major hurdle of local, town, cable supply capacity. (Unless there is a major technical development). So electricity is as future proof as anything else.