sharetrader
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    34 MILLION BUCKS
    With this being thrown at someone recently I would be interested to know what others would do with a windfall like that after having taken care of the family. Would you buy a bunch of PEB shares very slowly, donate to charity, drink the lot, start a cult, chuck it in the bank or buy your own island complete with flamingoes.
    Just for a bit of speculative fun put your wish list to print as to how you might handle it all, you never know it might come in handy.
    well 50mill this week ... got my lucky numbers picked ... 50mill I would certainly throw down $50k into the prize pool for the 2021 ASX Comp ...
    put the bulk into the Company/Commercial property etc continue to invest/trade(donate a good portion of the profits to Charity each year etc) (as I enjoy keeping busy) join the Hills Golf course ... buy a decent block of lifestyle land here in Central Otago and build the nice family home ... spend heaps on our families health well & being
    Help set-up my skipper in his own F.V etc ...

Mass Money gives you powers and time to do all that you can to improve ones life and others around you
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    We can all dream about winning all that but when it comes to the nitty gritty who do you trust. Probably the Lotteries Commission would have the best independent advice but it would still be your best judgement that would prevail.Agree the prizes are getting a bit high, 5 to 10 to mill is enough for anybody- and they should pay out more prizes. Plus they should have a prize for getting all the numbers but all on different lines on 1 ticket - you might be surprised how often that doesnt happen.
    Previous lotto winners would probably have some pretty meaningful input if they could be found.
    I think the vast bulk of ST members would have smarts to invest for passive income (Blue chip stocks with well covered Divi) .... I'm doing that with a much smaller amount of capital ...I don't get the Celebs that make $150mill+ etc and only 10-20yrs later end up bankrupt ... Dumbasses

I
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    I think the vast bulk of ST members would have smarts to invest for passive income (Blue chip stocks with well covered Divi) .... I'm doing that with a much smaller amount of capital ...I don't get the Celebs that make $150mill+ etc and only 10-20yrs later end up bankrupt ... Dumbasses

I
    Exactly - set up enough to to provide an income for life (rest of) so it does not matter what happens to the rest to a degree

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Well I 'won' one Division 7 prize - 4 bonus Lotto lines - so it is back to the day job until [at least] Wednesday
    om mani peme hum

Good to see $50m was split 10 ways. Some comment I read in the media suggested this was a good outcome because it would see the proceeds distributed widely in the community.

I like playing the odds and last time I looked the payback ratio on lotto was 55 cents for each dollar invested so to me its a mug's game for those who are unable to create their own comfortably well off lifestyle.

I can't help wonder how much damage is done in the community with large prize pools like this ? How many people buy up heaps of tickets they can't really afford in the hope of getting themselves and their families out of a bleak financial situation and just exacerbate their problems in the process ?
    I sometimes wonder how much misery lotto is responsible for ?
    That said my best mate's wife won $33,000 last year and they really badly needed a replacement car and the win came at a very good time for them.
    Last edited by Beagle; 17-08-2020 at 04:53 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Beagle , the pokies take more money , it’s a real disgrace .