sharetrader
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: NEA - Nearmap

Quote Originally Posted by NZSilver View Post
    Also how do they actually take these images? How often? and at what cost?
    First go to place when researching what a company does, do they have exclusive rights to the technology? Patent search.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=p.../US8497905.pdf

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=p...0130235199.pdf

Let me know if the links doesn't work, but its good they have patented process for this. Just another added benefit IMHO.

DISC: Holding and have done my homework.
    Last edited by Dej; 14-10-2013 at 01:22 PM.

Would like to know of any competition? (huge advantage over google is regular updates and tools)
    I would have thought that google would have been one of there main competitions. Google compares to NearMap because it is free generally, so its for the every day punter to look at his house etc etc

As you said the main advantages are the tools and regular updates. The updates are way more regular than google. To put this in perspective, I live in Auckland which is a major metropolitan center and 3 years ago a house was built across the road from me. In google maps its still under construction.

Now I realise that NearMaps is Australian only, but they seem to be targeting a market that will pay for the service and use their increased accuracy, clarity (down to 1cm) and update time to increase their own profitability. This is a better market than googles free one

Also how do they actually take these images? How often? and at what cost?
    The photos are taken from a plane fitted out with there patented technology. The photos in Australia are updated quarterly, and in some places up to 12 times a year e.g. main metropolitan areas.

All in all, I think there is huge room for expansion outside of Australia.

Google should hire them to redo their maps
    Last edited by Dej; 14-10-2013 at 03:31 PM.

Cheers Dej, much appreciated!

Yeah I've bought into this stock as well. I like the look of everything I have read. Love the subscription service with annual renewals. And as someone who has just purchased a property, I would have loved this tool to measure up everything about the property 'from the sky' as part of my research.... so I can only imagine how helpful it would be to RMA lawyers, engineers, architects, construction companies to use this....

With this company, I also like the feeling of being in on just about the 'ground floor' with enormous potential going forward. I know they have been around for a bit but with their subscription service only recently established, we are (I hope) going to see some fantastic growth.

Advanced Member

Hitting new highs today - have doubled up.

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Hitting new highs today - have doubled up.
    Would love to see the SP have support in the 60's by end of year! I have this, AJX and AXE in my ASX portfolio all up around 50% in 3 months. My NZX portfolio is a shocker in comparison

Up up and away. Cheers KW for the heads up.

Up up and away. Cheers KW for the heads up.
    He is good like that. Cheers from me too!

NEA drops, any reason why - have i missed anything? or just a correction like CAJ (ie Just a good buying opportunity)

NEA drops, any reason why - have i missed anything? or just a correction like CAJ (ie Just a good buying opportunity)
    Just a correction I'd say. Cant rise to fast, I'm expecting to stick above 60 at end of year.