sharetrader

Default Getting a Commsec account

Does anyone know If i can get a commsec account while in New Zealand. I've been able to set up an account with the CBA via ASB bank. But I can't register online for commsec as it wants an Australian address. I've heard it mentioned people take trips to aussie to open a bank account and commsec account. So I am pretty sure it can be done.

Need some light shed please

When I was in Aus I set up a goal saver account, zero fees as I wasn't using it as a transaction account, but ran out of time with filling in form for Commsec Ac. The CBA people at the time didn't say it couldn't be done but I think there is some additional process needed to bypass the Aus address part. I would suggest phoning direct or emailing even. A bit of time talking direct to the source can eradicate lots of frustration.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by G on View Post
    When I was in Aus I set up a goal saver account, zero fees as I wasn't using it as a transaction account, but ran out of time with filling in form for Commsec Ac. The CBA people at the time didn't say it couldn't be done but I think there is some additional process needed to bypass the Aus address part. I would suggest phoning direct or emailing even. A bit of time talking direct to the source can eradicate lots of frustration.

I use ANZ and Commonwealth Bank in Australia.

In each case I have had an email conversation, setting out who I am, where I am, and what I want to do with the company concerned.

In each case I have fronted up to provide proof of identity (making sure to get my passport stamped at immigration on the way in).

They have never had any problems with a non-Australian address.

Just make sure that you get tax residency sorted out.