sharetrader

Default Research Project, finding data on France and England

Hello

I am completing a dissertation at Lincoln University and I was hoping someone might be able to provide me with some assistance. I need annual figures as of the end of May each year back until 1977 for France and England. The CAC-40 only dates back until 1987? Also the FTSE-100 only dates back until 1984, although using datastream I was able to obtain coverage until 1978? Could anyone recommend where I might find the remaining data?

Regards,
    Charles

Default Ftse

Quote Originally Posted by charles View Post
    Hello

I am completing a dissertation at Lincoln University and I was hoping someone might be able to provide me with some assistance. I need annual figures as of the end of May each year back until 1977 for France and England. The CAC-40 only dates back until 1987? Also the FTSE-100 only dates back until 1984, although using datastream I was able to obtain coverage until 1978? Could anyone recommend where I might find the remaining data?

Regards,
    Charles
    Hi, the FTSE was created in 1984, that is the reason why you can not go behind 84, the same is true for the CAC (created 1987)

regards

Ralf