sharetrader
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

My first punt of the year and getting ready for the Melbourne cup and Addington race day, so $5 each way and a quinella. I do prefer investing on the share market where recently all the runners are winners.

Well - Percy was 'well positioned' all the way until the 'final announcement' which was slightly disappointing.

Ran a bit like Heartland this time .... all promise but the write downs ruined the profit result ..... but that was a one off .... and like Heartland Percy will do heaps better next (year)/race

I did 20 bucks and intend to go big next time (esp if the field is little less classy) because the promise is there and like a range bound stock will break through (the resistance) and win again

Suppose you guys want to look for another omen bet for next Saturday!!!!!!

Don't tell Snoopy we are playing the horses .... after his lecture to some of us on another thread telling us not to encourage such behaviour (gambling that is) I'll need to join the Family First Party to fight that evil Morrison guy and his Sky City Convention Centre from happening

I'll get my money back plus some - 50 bucks on Canterbury in the rugby final tonight at $2

Wellington don't know how to win finals .... and this time will not be different

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Don't tell Snoopy we are playing the horses .... after his lecture to some of us on another thread telling us not to encourage such behaviour (gambling that is) I'll need to join the Family First Party to fight that evil Morrison guy and his Sky City Convention Centre from happening
    Well thanks for the fun.!!!
    We will have to wait and see whether we can do better backing a horse named Snoopy if there is one.!!!!

percy

I'll get my money back plus some - 50 bucks on Canterbury in the rugby final tonight at $2

Wellington don't know how to win finals .... and this time will not be different
    Which either team wins they with be worthy of the title,
    Yeah right,come on Canterbury.!

Someone should start a straight out onthepunt thread where fellow sharetraders can share their 'certainties'

Advanced Member

That sounds like the old compensation bet. Wellington win, yee ha and all happy. Wellington lose, got 100 smackers in the back pocket, so can have whatever your tipple is to ease the pain....

percy

Oh winner69 you've done it again.!!!!
    Well done Canterbury.!

Update Ready To Install

Yeah ;right . How much did you pay Wellington.?

As the active partner in a harness racing tipping/selection service (tipstar.co.nz) I find the similarities between share trading and punting (note that punting race horses isn't gambling, gambling is sitting in front of a pokie machine and losing your money) interesting. I would say that share trading/investing is actually much more volatile due to the "pack" mentality of the markets. Long term investments mimics punting far more so than trading stocks. With anything it comes down to diligence and discipline. lose either and you'll be found out soon enough.

Interesting stuff benjitara

Love the harness horses myself. Alas Hutt Park closed down years ago

Been a couple of syndicates which was great fun

I am 'investing' in Stunin Banner in the 7th (to win) at Manawatu today .... certainty I reckon. And for a 'punt will take a quinella (and a few trifectas with others for 3rd) with Stormy Breeze because that seems appropriate. Watch Peter Ferguson win a few today as well

Sent you a email to get the free weeks tips .... better be good

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Onthemoney View Post
    Someone should start a straight out onthepunt thread where fellow sharetraders can share their 'certainties'
    There is enough chatter in here to warrant such a thread. Some of us also do like the odd fiver on the rugby or the horses. And as the TAB call it investing and dividends there is enough share jargon to warrant inclusion in this forum.

LOL at winners comment re not telling Snoopy.

Interesting stuff benjitara

Love the harness horses myself. Alas Hutt Park closed down years ago

Been a couple of syndicates which was great fun

I am 'investing' in Stunin Banner in the 7th (to win) at Manawatu today .... certainty I reckon. And for a 'punt will take a quinella (and a few trifectas with others for 3rd) with Stormy Breeze because that seems appropriate. Watch Peter Ferguson win a few today as well

Sent you a email to get the free weeks tips .... better be good
    STUNIN BANNER. - FIRST by 13 lengths -$2 'fixed' this morning
    STORMY BREEZE - SECOND - a few bucks of quinella at $4.40
    Field for 3rd (5 of them) - trifecta $21.90

Hey Benjitara ......want to take me on as your central districts tipster ..ha ha

Cardinals hold on against th Red Sox and a perfect day

And Percy next week

Please don't tell Snoopy about this ....not really a chronic compulsive gambler in need .....just like shares do your homework and it called 'investing'
    Last edited by winner69; 27-10-2013 at 03:14 PM.

STUNIN BANNER. - FIRST by 13 lengths -$2 'fixed' this morning
    STORMY BREEZE - SECOND - a few bucks of quinella at $4.40
    Field for 3rd (5 of them) - trifecta $21.90

Hey Benjitara ......want to take me on as your central districts tipster ..ha ha

Cardinals hold on against th Red Sox and a perfect day

And Percy next week

Please don't tell Snoopy about this ....not really a chronic compulsive gambler in need .....just like shares do your homework and it called 'investing'
    Won well didn't it. I select the Canterbury form and also do the Forbury/ west coast and Nelson circuits while my business partner does the north island and deep south.
    As I stated before turning profits at punting is all about discipline and having a long-term view. the biggest obstacles are always our own characters.
    Pleased to see you get a win.
    keep it up and I may post the odd selection here if you wish