sharetrader
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tsx

I have been looking at trying to buy some NZEC and TAG Oil shares, and have not figured out how to go about it.
    What is the best broker?
    I think its crazy they are not listed dually on the NZX and Toronto markets, cosdiering they are both almost exclusively working on NZ projects.
    Anyway, my question is: which broker to use to buy shares on the Toronto exchange when one lives in NZ?

I will now check out MES, as its one I have not heard of...

Banned

Hi DoctorG, your best bet just to get started is go through ASB Securities. You will need to open an account first with them if you haven't already got one. Set up the ASB Securities side at the same time. When that is in place you will need to phone up ASB Securities and place your order with one of their brokers. It's very easy but it is not as cheep when trading locally. With NZEC at only $0.30CAD and TAG at $3.58CAD both are a great time to buy and will be going up again soon. MES at $0.06CAD is fantastic buying, but no need to rush in as I feel it should hold at this price for a while yet. McBeanburger who has just started posting on here is very knowledgeable on all three stocks. To follow what he and others say about these three Canadian Juniors, go onto http://www.stockhouse.com and type their abbreviations in. MES is the sleeper and IMHO based on much research on what the experts are saying in North America, is the one you should consider making the most investment out of the three.
    If you are looking to profit take, then NZEC is your show-pony right now. Just follow the NZEC thread on Stockhouse. I read on Stockhouse the other day that NZEC should climb to over $10 CAD, we'll see in the long run.
    TAG is the workhorse of the three and will not let you down. I am looking for a Canadian or American broker that will do international Trades for the TSX and will pass on that info when I find it. There are some out there, but don't like their formats.

Thanks Cuzzie.

so what happens when these Canadian Oil juniors have raised say $16m and they are searching for oil, and they burn through the capital they have raised, and have yet to strike a deal......
    the stock proce become almost zero
    then what
    just write off ones investment/gamble in that stock and hope that other stocks fair better?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorG View Post
    so what happens when these Canadian Oil juniors have raised say $16m and they are searching for oil, and they burn through the capital they have raised, and have yet to strike a deal......
    the stock proce become almost zero
    then what
    just write off ones investment/gamble in that stock and hope that other stocks fair better?
    The money has been spent looking for oil and gas already. NZEC had to find more and that deal has just been finalized. Your right it did drive their stock price down to as low as CAD$0.19. TAG has done and dusted most of their investigating and have no reason to go looking too much further and MES have played the smart game by doing none at all. They don't need to as their permit is smack bang in between TAG's and NZEC. A hit for one of them is a hit for MES.

Or you can just get an Interactive Broker account and they are good for TSX as well. I trade some Canadian stocks mostly mining.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blueswan View Post
    Or you can just get an Interactive Broker account and they are good for TSX as well. I trade some Canadian stocks mostly mining.
    blueswan, I looked at these guys, but for some reason I moved on. I can not remember why now, so can you give me some more details on how this works for international traders for North America. Any info would be much appreciated.

Cuzzie

I still like the platform since I can trade Options , Equities FX etc. Most platforms are CFD, FX or Futures and I trade a lot of Options so I prefer this platform. YOu can get this from any White Label partners which I did although I work for the company but you can get it elsewhere or straight to IB. I hope this helps.

Banned

Hey thanks blueswan, I will look into that.