sharetrader
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Update Ready To Install

Is there a correction coming or starting to happen. ? And is money leaving MEL ,MRP,CNU , SKC ,TEL etc because of uncertainty re Labours intentions if they win. I know a Sophisticated Investor who has been selling up some of these and other NZ stocks and taking advantage of the re A88c exchange rate. Large Instos doing the same maybe. Int few days ahead. Just hope there isnt a big drain in the middle.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Question Hello, anybody there

Looks like they have all gone home, but they've left the lights on & there's beer bottles everywhere.

Hey, whose wallet is this?
    om mani peme hum

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Craic BTW i had a look at your daughters website selling quality , classy furniture etc. Impressive mate!. You seem to have a successful family what few tips can you give me for my thirteen year old daughter. I know im too soft, my own discipline isnt good and because im 59 she doesn't want to be seen near her "grandfather"
    Talk of seeing lawyers and leaving your estate to The Salvation Army should focuses daughter's attention.
    ps.I don't remember either of ours talking to us between the ages of 12 to 20.!
    Last edited by percy; 14-11-2013 at 07:15 AM.

So PT, a NZ 5pm smoking lounge is a lunchtime session in Indonesia I take it? Same goes for Thailand.

Saw a documentary earlier tonight about stroke victims. It was okay, but I thought it was a bit one sided.

Advanced Member

In accordance with the spirit of this forum I have managed to reply to the wrong half of the wrong message - at 8.20am when I meant to be sober
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Craic maybe if you tell your other half(did you use an axe and is one half slightly bigger that She has no chance getting near the captains table as a phalanx of zimmer frames will be aggressively maneuvering, she will lose int.
    She was/is a totally rebellious child, highly intelligent. Left school to sell encyclopaediae door-to- door then sold the first Motorola bricks on comission. Never could work for anyone but could sell them anything. Drives like a lunatic, and spends $2 for every one she earns. Success is based mainly on the need to earn twice as much tomorrow to pay for today.
    Last edited by craic; 14-11-2013 at 08:21 AM.

Update Ready To Install

Youre cashed upwaiting to average down Snapiti?

I also know of a influential soph who must go unnamed and who used to post on these threads and who has posted ,indirectly, recently, is also averaging down in CNU for one. I will watch and wait. Have been burnt before doing this.

Falling knives have more than ripped my flesh like weasels(credit to frank zappa) hell both arms were on the ground and i was shouting "come back you coward's" (thanks Monty P) to my brokers as i averaged down in Brierly's all those years ago. Apples and Loquats i know. Methinks you have a money tree ehh Snapiti; easy come easy, where did that go!

Update Ready To Install

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    Confession time.
    I have a 12 year old son and I like testing his make up and where he is coming from.
    A few days ago I accidentally ran our dog over.
    The dog has been at the vets ever since and I finnaly got the news yesterday that the dog will be fine so long as I have deep pockets(which is not an issue)

When I picked my son up from school yesterday I said I needed to talk to him about the dog.
    I said it looks like the dog will be fine but it is going to cost alot of money.
    I then said we will all need to make some sacrifices to insure the dog comes home.
    I then asked him would he be willing to sell his xbox and bike to help out he turned round and said I will sell everything and anything to get the dog back and he would live in a tent if we had too.
    I looked at him and said I love you mate and thats what I hoped you would say.
    When I told my partner what I had said to our son she told me I was an ar$%hole for doing that.
    LOL. thanks for sharing that. I see the love you both have for your son in its many forms. awesome.

I know the lounge is officially only open after five but just wanted to say I have had a great time reading all the posts and what a great idea. Some superb efforts. Now excuse me...I have to go to the loo.....again. I look forward to the next session.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Question When did you last see your friendly GP

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    ... Now excuse me...I have to go to the loo.....again...
    You should see the doctor about that, buy some PEB shares on the way.

Wishing you the best of health
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

snapiti, I was sorry to hear about your dog, but relieved the end result is looking positive.

No concerns about your conversation with your son.

Confession time.
    I have a 12 year old son and I like testing his make up[...]
    Just a bit worried about you stealing his lipstick...
    Last edited by TimmyTP; 14-11-2013 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Provide some context for my comment - being too cryptic again

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    One day I'm going to accession you all into my museum of sharemarket traders (kind of like Madame Tusad's) well start with Miner, work our way over to Craic and Snopy, then try and obtain the harder to get deaccessioned items from yonder years like Sparky. Finally, I will make Vince tge caretaker and then freeze myself in carbonite to complete the collection. my lasting legacy to the world (oh and I'll throw in some PlusSMS andFeltex shares for a laugh!)
    Whats wrong with Feltex? Made money there on the last lift before oblivion. Yikes, that was close!

SHARETREK......the next generation CaptainsLog..Stardate 2013
    PROLOGUE: The US Starship Sunnianchertrader has been hijacked by Major von Tempsky ( Klingon enforcer) and directed to divert to the asteroid, Hoopinopolis, in the fifth galaxy, 3rdsolar system.
    Scene 1: Recreation lounge after 5 PM. Joshuatree, the Ent loungeManager is serving Cocoa and Pina Coladas to the crew who have been tied to their chairs.
    MVT: Commander Lizard, I insist you leave immediately for Hoopinopolis. My window to destroy the asteroid and its evil inhabitants, the Chartrats, is short and requires we leave before the end of trading today.
    LIZ: The federation cannot allow this arbitrary and warlike action....its against the forum rules and brings disrepute to all traders.
    MVT. Don’t give me this crapola commander, you’re no better than the Chartrats and besides, remember I have control of yourship. Just to show my resolve watch this. ( MVT wrenches the ships cat,Birman, from Liz’s lap and grasping It by its tail, swings it around his head several times.)
    LIZ: Ok ,ok Major we can see you’re serious..and will do what you say. Just give me the cat, or what’s left of it, back to me and we can get underway..
    (MVT hands Birman back to Commander Liz. Birman hiss’s and manages to pee on MVT’s hand in the process) MVT roars ‘feckin immigrants” and wipes his hands on the fur of the nearby Womble delegate, Belgarion who curses MVT and calls him a short fat prat with a moustache who wouldn’t be able to ride a bycycle if it had 5 wheels. MVT ignores him.
    LIZ: Engine Room....Mcduffy....set us on course for Hoopinopolis please.
    Mcduffy: (muffled cursing) Ah cannae do thaart commander...ah doont no whaaar ut isss.
    MVT: (Grabbing the intercom)...Speak the Queens English Man..(aside) bloody immigrants!
    LIZ: Calm down Major...he needs some directions. Macduffy, send me up the latest charts.
    MVT: (leapsto his feet enraged and grabs Birman again) Dont give me any of this chartrats nonsense...just more of the same old mumbo jumbo witchcraft we get from them any time we don’t know what to do. Its a mind numbing hodgepodge of pixie dust and crystal balls. Here’s what you should be doing. (He opens the nearby hatch, throws the cat out, licks his finger, (the one without the cat pee) and grimaces, (bugger, it was the other hand) , thrusts it out and tests the prevailing solar winds. Ok head towards the second sun on the left...I’ll know we are getting close to Hoopopolis when I start getting hot under the collar. And make sure you approach from the descending channel!!
    LIZ: Ok Macduffy..fire up the Arms index,engage the Aroon oscillator and light the candlestick so we can see where the multiple tops are lining up.
    MVT: Speak English...none of this foreign muck or you’ll all be absorbed.
    To be continued....maybe

Scene2:
    2 hours have elapsed and we are still in the relaxation lounge. Everyone is very mellow and most are sitting around in a circle listening to Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Heart club band and eating cheesits and dingdongs. Joshuatree is still serving liquid refreshments and periodically disappears into a corner and shakes his branches, scattering leaves into a container.
    Liz: What are you doing there JT?
    JoshuaTree: Nada commandante... Just collecting the leaves for the coca ....ah I mean cocoa ..yes cocoa. Sorry Ingles esta ma lingua secundo. It reminds me of my childhood in the Peruvian highlands....estamos el walrus koo koo ca choo.
    Liz: Make sure MVT gets a double serving pleaseand keep topping him up.
    JT: Si si Commandante.
    (MVT is relaxing, and since its the lounge pulls out a big fat cigar, an El Zorro, which is handrolled by a team of beneficiaries from Tokoroa on minimum wages. He lights it, but it keeps slipping to the left and since the Major dresses to the right, its not really working. Besides that its stale, devoid of any taste and smells of desperation. Belgarion,the centurion Womble from the planet Vulgarian senses that MVT is not watching and creeps up behind him.)
    Belgarion: Take that you pompous twit. (thrusting an updated chart of TEL into MVT’s right nostril, screwing like an Aroon oscillator)) (MVT bends over in pain twerking rapidly to dislodge the impediment) There is an audible murmur of disbelief from the lounge who are now onto their 5th cup of coca.
    Liz: Engine Room, send up Snapiti, the Snapiti on Tools rep to see if he has somethingto help the Major.
    Macduffy: Heelbee oop in arg cuplaaa minootes Commander. He’s joost bucked oop his trook and run overrr the ships cut, agin.
    Liz: Again?
    Macduffy: Yaas,he parrrked oon the cuts tail in the docking bayyyy. Its ok he’s got 3 livesleft so he should bee faan furrr tday.
    Snapiti: ok who wants a tool...I’ve got plenty of tools. I’m surrounded by tools. Take your pick.
    Liz: Can you help the Major, we are bound by the forum rules to keep pain to a minimum. And if we have to keep watching that twerking for much longer I’ll be forced to use the phasar.
    Snapiti: Ok this calls for a custom made tool...wheres my assistant? Coutar, we need some help here. See what you can come up with.....but fast mind you we haven’t got time to linger.
    Coutar: Right you are boss...fast is my second name. (he pulls out a roll of copper from his work bag and starts welding the rod and wire together) I knew I’d find a use for this crap eventually. 10 minutes later he stands up and says “Ok all finished, that should do the trick.
    To be continued...maybe
    Last edited by BIRMANBOY; 16-11-2013 at 12:17 PM.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Update Ready To Install

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=K-Rs6YEZAt8

Thanks Moosie , crack open a cold one and enjoy the above cheers JT
    P S thanls paper tiger for sweeping out andemptying the ashtrays!!! Ok whos been smoking in the lounge?

Trying to get outta here

Listen up Gents just spent my day at a Cardiac study day and there were a few case studies of guys over forty who thought they were pretty healthy but ended up in cardiac unit some didn't make it so please get your blood pressure and cholesterol checked regularly or you may not get to enjoy your rising fortunes( That's desending in my case) Mossie you take yourself off to the big game vet and get yourself checked out, told my kids their inheritance has been greatly reduced and that they make have to get a job with chorus laying fibre to get it back or maybe sell off some of that scrap copper once it becomes obsolete, they weren't impressed

no lipstick sharing WTF.
    Apologies snapiti, I was being obtuse for a change; I have edited my post now to provide some context!

If it's any consolation, I managed break the news about the Easter bunny to my 8-year-old son this year, by laughing with* him about how stupid it was that kids believed in a magic rabbit that hid chocolate eggs in the garden.

*"at" him, as it turned out