sharetrader
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Nor View Post
    But, we never will know what we don't know. Ever.
    Perhaps, but until we know what the impact will be we shouldn't make blind decisions. And we know enough that it's going to impact the species outlined above, let alone fisheries.

I was involved in mine finance in Australia & I had no issue with mines in the outback where the environmental impact was minimal. Where I struggled was with mines proposed in the Kakadoo or Tasmania etc.

This will be mining a very low grade iron in a way that is banned throughout the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    Jones has recused himself. Bishop and Brown will handle this. NZ, after six years of GRANTS (pun intended), will find this $500 Billion dollar ready to go project, rather handy. The IMF would certainly agree. There is a good precedent to grant unpopular large projects. Clyde comes to mind, and I don't hear any bodies moaning about the pretty cycle ways around Lake Dunstan that became a bi product.
    That Dam rescued Otago at the time.

Farmers had to deal with crippling interest rates in the 20s plus worst drought in history. I remember my uncles pouring concrete during the nights to keep the farm.

And pretty sure that the dam roading contract allowed a very small Fulton and Hogan at the time to invest in machinery and scale up the business. It made FH in my opinion.

The rest is history. From memory I think the Beaumont dam was all go aswell but nz ran out of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Perhaps, but until we know what the impact will be we shouldn't make blind decisions. And we know enough that it's going to impact the species outlined above, let alone fisheries.

I was involved in mine finance in Australia & I had no issue with mines in the outback where the environmental impact was minimal. Where I struggled was with mines proposed in the Kakadoo or Tasmania etc.

This will be mining a very low grade iron in a way that is banned throughout the world.
    But when we're talking about the impact on things that we don't even know exist . . . where does it end?

Quote Originally Posted by Nor View Post
    But when we're talking about the impact on things that we don't even know exist . . . where does it end?
    Well the things I have outlined do exist in the area.

Not knowing what you are doing is not a justification for doing it.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

From BusinessDesk -

The proof is as simple as infrastructure minister Chris Bishop’s blunt reaction to TTR’s parent company, ASX-listed Manuka Resources’ “disclosure” this week that Bishop had “invited” it to apply for fast-track consent.

Bishop told Radio New Zealand that characterising a form letter sent to some 200 potential applicants as an invitation was “misleading”.

Ministers only say that sort of thing when they’re annoyed, meaning TTR’s chief executive Alan Eggers has scored an early own goal in his quest to get this contentious project ticked through.

I hope Bishop is so annoyed he tells TTR to f*** off

How to lose a fast-track consent application: Trans Tasman Resources' Taranaki Bight project

https://businessdesk.co.nz/article/p...m_medium=email
    Last edited by winner69; 10-04-2024 at 06:23 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    From BusinessDesk -

The proof is as simple as infrastructure minister Chris Bishop’s blunt reaction to TTR’s parent company, ASX-listed Manuka Resources’ “disclosure” this week that Bishop had “invited” it to apply for fast-track consent.

Bishop told Radio New Zealand that characterising a form letter sent to some 200 potential applicants as an invitation was “misleading”.

Ministers only say that sort of thing when they’re annoyed, meaning TTR’s chief executive Alan Eggers has scored an early own goal in his quest to get this contentious project ticked through.

I hope Bishop is so annoyed he tells TTR to f*** off

How to lose a fast-track consent application: Trans Tasman Resources' Taranaki Bight project

https://businessdesk.co.nz/article/p...m_medium=email
    CRaP told the market they were invited toooooooo....CRP up almost 23%.

And this is why we shouldn't vacuum up the seabed indiscriminately. We don't even know what is down there.
    100 new species discovered!

https://allthatsinteresting.com/boun...on10@gmail.com