sharetrader
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    percy

The result came out late Friday afternoon.
    Was very much under expectations,and I guess the SP with get smashed tomorrow.
    I was trying to work out what they worth,and whether to let mine go or not,
    and surprised myself with the following figures.
    The PE is 18.Revenue growth was 18.5%.
    NPAT was up 47%.
    Basic eps was up 42.6%.
    Diluted eps was up 39.3%
    Dividend increased.
    And the potential "blue skies" are still there ,just taking a little longer to achieve.
    Last edited by percy; 23-08-2015 at 07:32 PM.

Down 10% post announcement

Were there high expectations of a better result than this?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Percy I hope not too much of a smashing , they already went from 55.5 to 44 ... Been away for the weekend . Did I see somewhere despite the negative reaction they are doing well enough to pay a dividend ?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Percy I hope not too much of a smashing , they already went from 55.5 to 44 ... Been away for the weekend . Did I see somewhere despite the negative reaction they are doing well enough to pay a dividend ?

This dividend is 1 cent.Exdate 31/8/2015.Record date 2/9/2015 Payment date 18/9/2015.
    KME started paying dividends with the half cent dividend per share we received in March.
    Yes,when I saw good volume going through at 55 cents I thought $1 here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was well positioned.!!
    Price on Monday?? Well the Aussie's are either " all go" or "all woe".Let's see how woeful they can be.
    Interesting the market cap is only $19.44mil at 44cents.OK the risks have gone up considerabily,but the potential rewards are still there!
    I am retaining my shares.

While it was below expectations, those expectations were probably a bit overblown. I don't recall the company making any huge forecasts, but many were probably hoping for the same level of seasonality seen in the past. For a company that just increased NPAT by almost 50% and still has growth options I wouldn't say 18x historical profit is outrageous. I have a small holding so a potentially biased view.

Quote Originally Posted by KW View Post
    That depends on what NPAT growth is going FORWARD not past. If growth is sub 20% then potentially its expensive. And the market is in the midst of a harsh P/E compression cycle. I'd also be cautious about them missing estimates, if business is dropping off the next half might be even slower.
    Yes very true

percy

The commentaries provided by Kip and Storm are positive, and maybe best summed up;
    "Financial results are encouraging, and suggest the strategic course we have set is the right one."

Advanced Member

Bit of activity in this space ...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11670185

percy

Strong earnings update today should make large shareholder Pie Funds very happy.

IMO

Thats transparent , great stuff.
    The Chairman, Kip McGrath, wishes to advise the market that he intends to sell shares over the next 4 years at an

average rate of 45,500 shares per month.
    This would result in the sale of less than 15% of his holdings over a 4 year period.

Not holding atpit.