sharetrader
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    What a nightmare! Maybe time for an on-line broker?
    Yeah right.!!!
    I now have Craigs' traders after hours phone numbers.Think they are there to 6pm NZ time.!!
    Thanks Steve,Yes got there in the end,but at 4.30 NZ time I thought I had missed the bus.!!
    Never did buy any MBE.Think I was caught up in a cash issue,rights issue and a SPP plan at the time.

percy

Trades today at 19.5 and last sale 20cents.
    Buyer 40,000 @ 19.5,then10,000 @ 19,then 112,24 @18cents.
    Seller @30.5cents has 20,000 for sale.

Nice work Percy. I remember 'assessing' one of these little businesses. Seemed a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Nice work Percy. I remember 'assessing' one of these little businesses. Seemed a good one.
    Yikes! Talk about illiquid - been the highest bidder from before Christmas until today, but all I've got to show for it is 'partially traded on 31st - $500 worth!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHorse View Post
    Yikes! Talk about illiquid - been the highest bidder from before Christmas until today, but all I've got to show for it is 'partially traded on 31st - $500 worth!
    Sorry to hear that.
    Trying to keep the smile off my face but can't!!
    Don't worry we have all been there.!!!
    The fun of trading illiquid stocks!!

Long Member

Apologies dark horse, It was me who snaffled most of yesterdays volume...

Damn it!

I always catch onto Steve Fleming's threads after they gain some traction. MBE was last one where I was late to the party, and now KME.

Absolutely love these little illiquid gems. My absolute favorite remains SNL (but fully price now in my view), and am still holding MBE and SND.

My latest foray into the illiquid small caps is Capilano Honey (CZZ).....a real honey pot in my view .

I chased this in Oct and Nov and never got my order filled. Someone kept going half a cent ahead of me. Ended up buying MGM Wireless instead as my education sector related growth stock. Will keep an eye on KME but not going to bridge the huge gap.

Yeah, but unless your world has been suddenly turned upside down, why would you need to massively and suddenly liquidate in any case?

I like illiquid stocks because so many people are put off them by their lack of liquidity

It means there are more opportunities to buy good stocks that people refuse to buy just because they are illiquid

inevitably, as a stock grows and its profile increases then its liquidity increases

i.e. I was the only buyer on MBE for a couple of weeks at around 2c, now six months later at 30c it trades millions a day

Of course if you want to get out, then you are in trouble, but it just means there is more pressure to get your research right, and make sure you back companies that have strong medium to long term fundamentals so you can ride out the short term lack of liquidity
    Share prices follow earnings....buy EPS growth!!