sharetrader
Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    IMO

Cheers guys. i was hoping for some quality new management to sweep out all corners.Never the less will stick to my 6 months(october) decision before deciding what to do with my tiddler packet of shares. Certainly agree re avoid atp.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Cheers guys. i was hoping for some quality new management to sweep out all corners.Never the less will stick to my 6 months(october) decision before deciding what to do with my tiddler packet of shares. Certainly agree re avoid atp.
    Joshuatree.
    Google; Murray & Co Christchurch,then our people,then read about Richard Rookes.
    Clever man.
    If at long last there is someone who can sort out this mess of a company,he looks to be that person..
    Last edited by percy; 10-07-2015 at 01:10 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Excuse my memory playing up,but here is a case of history repeating itself.!!
    South Canterbury Finance controlled by Southury Corp, owned by Alan Hubbard and Humphrey Rolleston lent Mercer so much money which Mercers coud not repay, issued more shares to Hubbard and Rolleston.Hubbard went bellie up and Rolleston took control with Murray & Co his partly owned merchant bank.
    And today what a surprise;
    New hotshot Mercers, the Slicer people,seem happy to get rid of a [gunna] CEO [I am gunna do this I am gunna do that]and replace him will a board member, who is also a Murray & Co person,yet the departing CEO stays on the board,and Tobin [who can't return phone calls] does not leave as promised,but appears to have been promoted.!!??
    Is this the backroom work of Milford Asset? management???? or is it some company taking the piss??
    All the time this disaster has been unfolding, people in the stainless steel frabricating sector, have been going gangbusters, supplying their wares to the wine industry and the milk production sector.
    Has anyone any ideas as to why the company have missed out on the S S fabricating sector what with the dairy, restaurant, fast food and hospital industries , I would have thought that a company with as long a history as Mercers have would have kept their commercial advantage re manufacturing, surely they cannot be that incompantant that they have let that slip between their fingers.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Has anyone any ideas as to why the company have missed out on the S S fabricating sector what with the dairy, restaurant, fast food and hospital industries , I would have thought that a company with as long a history as Mercers have would have kept their commercial advantage re manufacturing, surely they cannot be that incompantant that they have let that slip between their fingers.
    When management have the world to conquer with their S-Clave Slicer,and new state of the art medical sterilization units,why waste their time with profitable local work??? [Note Tobin is too busy to return phone calls].
    Plus, I think local more nimble businesses with lower overheads have been able to under cut them.I think they did do the huge big drier at the new Darfield Milk factory for Fonterra.
    Incompetence.!? Well history does appear to be on their side.
    Last edited by percy; 11-07-2015 at 01:13 PM.

Guru

When management have the world to conquer with their S-Clave Slicer,and new state of the art medical sterilization units,why waste their time with profitable local work??? [Note Tobin is too busy to return phone calls].
    Plus, I think local more nimble businesses with lower overheads have been able to under cut them.I think they did do the huge big drier at the new Darfield Milk factory for Fonterra.
    Incompetence.!? Well history does appear to be on their side.
    So why forgo good cash flow business for a some new flash in the pan type, as a aside how much do these bacon slicers sell for and how big are they ?

IMO

what sup ;suggest you read all the threads and then do some research and let us know what you find ;if still motivated to do so.Your share trader community would appreciate it.

percy

So why forgo good cash flow business for a some new flash in the pan type, as a aside how much do these bacon slicers sell for and how big are they ?
    I think the board may have been be asking the same question.
    From memory approx. $800,000.
    Go to NZX and enter MGL and announcements and read their annual report and presentations.[I can't bring myself to.]
    Bit too big to fit on the kitchen bench.! lol.

Go to NZX and enter MGL and announcements and read their annual report and presentations.[I can't bring myself to.]
    I thought $700k to $800k as well

Big monsters ....don't get your arm caught in it

http://www.titanslicer.co.nz/product/titan-500-slicer
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Done all that and went back to the issue in 2010 @ .05 so imo there could be another one if this trend keeps up

percy

Done all that and went back to the issue in 2010 @ .05 so imo there could be another one if this trend keeps up
    Only one every five years.?
    They have a long way to go to catch up with WDT...
    Easy to joke when not holding.