sharetrader
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Wow, bought in last year at 63 or so. Just liked the growth prospects and fundamentals. Well done shareholders.
    Well done..

Guru

Wow, bought in last year at 63 or so. Just liked the growth prospects and fundamentals. Well done shareholders.
    Nice one Blackcap!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Nice one Blackcap!
    Thanks, almost sold out a while back in the 90's. Don't always get them right though.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Big pay day coming up …$1.70 a share

Mercer / MHM finally reward shareholders

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...985/406370.pdf
    I don't follow this share closely. I am aware they have transformed from low tech Mercer Stainless into a company with a portfolio of automated technical solutions to offer. I see it was only in May they acquired 'Wyma'"
    "A world leader in the design and manufacture of post harvest vegetable and fruit handling equipment. Wyma is based in Christchurch (where it has recently moved into a new state of the art manufacturing facility), with operations in Australia, UK and Czech Republic." Value was $60m.
    I also remember the 'blood out of a stone' commentary about getting dividends from MHM!

That circa '85% above closing price' offer of $1.70 certainly made me sit up and take notice too. Good for shareholders, except those who bought in 10 years ago when the share price peaked at over 4 bucks! I don't like that a 'scheme of arrangement' offer has appeared, to get around putting up a straight takeover bid. A SOA needs 75% share acceptance to go through verses 90% for a takeover. I see the former owner of Wyma, Andrew Barclay, now has a 22.6% shareholding in MHM. It looks like the acceptance of any deal or not, even a SOA, could fall to how Andrew plays his cards. Pre-market buy offer is only 95c. Does that mean punters do not see much chance of this deal going through?

SNOOPY

discl: Never held, but thought about acquiring a few shares over the last year. What is the offer on the table for 'thought acquisitions'?
    Last edited by Snoopy; 03-11-2023 at 09:49 AM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    I don't follow this share closely. I am aware they have transformed from low tech Mercer Stainless into a company with a portfolio of automated technical solutions to offer. I see it was only in May they acquired 'Wyma'"
    "A world leader in the design and manufacture of post harvest vegetable and fruit handling equipment. Wyma is based in Christchurch (where it has recently moved into a new state of the art manufacturing facility), with operations in Australia, UK and Czech Republic." Value was $60m.
    I also remember the 'blood out of a stone' commentary about getting dividends from MHM!

That circa '85% above closing price' offer of $1.70 certainly made me sit up and take notice too. Good for shareholders, except those who bought in 10 years ago when the share price peaked at over 4 bucks! I don't like that a 'scheme of arrangement' offer has appeared, to get around putting up a straight takeover bid. A SOA needs 75% share acceptance to go through verses 90% for a takeover. I see the former owner of Wyma, Andrew Barclay, now has a 22.6% shareholding in MHM. It looks like the acceptance of any deal or not, even a SOA, could fall to how Andrew plays his cards. Pre-market buy offer is only 95c. Does that mean punters do not see much chance of this deal going through?

SNOOPY

discl: Never held, but thought about acquiring a few shares over the last year. What is the offer on the table for 'thought acquisitions'?
    Agree with you Snoopy, that schemes of arrangement are an inferior means to shareholders for takeover type offers.

Although I am happy with my position, it is tempered with the knowledge that the NZX is dying a slow death and does not have long to go if this continues.

P.s Bid is now $1.20, no offers. I think this will trade close to $1.70, the arbers will be in there.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

I am bl**dy annoyed (again) that I am geing compulsorily bought out of a New Zealand technology company as it vanishes into overseas ownership. I was happy to buy in at $0.65/odd, happy to see the price hit $0.90/odd, now I'm sad to see the NZX shrink, and bl**dy annoyed to be bought out - even at $1.70.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by GTM 3442 View Post
    I am bl**dy annoyed (again) that I am geing compulsorily bought out of a New Zealand technology company as it vanishes into overseas ownership. I was happy to buy in at $0.65/odd, happy to see the price hit $0.90/odd, now I'm sad to see the NZX shrink, and bl**dy annoyed to be bought out - even at $1.70.
    You can always vote against. Going to be a hard sell I think to most shareholders though. The premium is so large. Like you I bought in about 2 years ago mid 60's. I had spoken to the CEO and CFO and really liked their prospects and fundamentals. I think the growth opportunity is phenomenal. Possibly $1.70 is still too cheap....

On the doghouse

P.s Bid is now $1.20, no offers. I think this will trade close to $1.70, the arbers will be in there.
    Another pre-market update. Bidder at $1.58. Seller at $2

SNOOPY

Guru

One small trade through at $1.58.

100,000 on offer at $1.64....

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    A SOA needs 75% share acceptance to go through verses 90% for a takeover. I see the former owner of Wyma, Andrew Barclay, now has a 22.6% shareholding in MHM. It looks like the acceptance of any deal or not, even a SOA, could fall to how Andrew plays his cards.
    Question answered. Barclay has folded.
    http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...030/406418.pdf

SNOOPY