sharetrader
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default East Coast Oil -TAG Oil - NZEC -MES

Looks like these three need their own thread as it is talked about mainly on the NZO thread.
    There are three Canadian Oil Juniors that have major permits on the East Coast Basin of the North Island. They are/

TAG Oil - TAG Oil Ltd
    NZEC - New Zealand Energy Corp
    MES - Marauder Resources East Coast Inc

All three trade through the TSX.

I've invested in MES & NZEC. As they say in North America, GLTA.

Banned

Thanks Cuzzie

I don't have any TSK.. stocks.. I guess Direct Broking.. can buy for me,

Could you give us a brief rationale on why you went for NZEC and MES....just wondering. Know nothing about them yet.

Thanks,

Best Regards

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by croesus View Post
    Thanks Cuzzie

I don't have any TSK.. stocks.. I guess Direct Broking.. can buy for me,

Could you give us a brief rationale on why you went for NZEC and MES....just wondering. Know nothing about them yet.

Thanks,

Best Regards
    I would go for TAG too but feel NZEC & MES have the most to gain right now. I've already missed the boat with regards to TAG as the have been performing well back on the Taranaki side for a while now and their share price reflects that. NZEC's drilling over there too with success and MES is just playing the smart game. The rules state they can't play the waiting game for to much longer on the East Coast and both TAG and NZEC are about to spud-in on several different drill sites. MES is smack bang in the middle of TAG's permit & NZEC's permit so a strike for one of those two is a strike for them without doing a lot of groundwork. There is talk that TAG or NZEC will buy MES out, that is just talk though.
    I used ASB Securities this time, but will be using Interactive Brokers next time.

Stockhouse is a great place to get more info and keep up to date with the highs and lows of these three Canadian Juniors
    Here is a link to each thread for them over there, just click on any one.

Stockhouse MES
    Stockhouse NZEC
    Stockhouse TAG

Hi Cuzzie,

best wishes for the new year.

what I hear is that there are a number of North American interest in MES property. Most I assume are waiting for TAG's detailed testing in Jan or Feb. I would guess that the involvement of a Major or Super Major would send MES share price through the roof. Hopefully that is who is interested.

Even at 5.5 cents mes can easily double from here with some involvement of moneyed player or some good test results from TAG. Not to mention NZ drilling also this year.

Its a bit of a no brainer that buying at this price will probably be a good bet given all the activity going on the East Coast this year. Buy now and sell later this year.

Good luck all.

McB

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by McBeanburger View Post
    Hi Cuzzie,

best wishes for the new year.

what I hear is that there are a number of North American interest in MES property. Most I assume are waiting for TAG's detailed testing in Jan or Feb. I would guess that the involvement of a Major or Super Major would send MES share price through the roof. Hopefully that is who is interested.

Even at 5.5 cents mes can easily double from here with some involvement of moneyed player or some good test results from TAG. Not to mention NZ drilling also this year.

Its a bit of a no brainer that buying at this price will probably be a good bet given all the activity going on the East Coast this year. Buy now and sell later this year.

Good luck all.

McB
    Happy new year to you too McBeanburger & hope you had a good one. I like what your saying, music to my ears. This is what I've been thinking all along as this plays out & is looking more and more likely that it will unfold as you said above. I'm looking at buying more shares tomorrow once my bank transfer goes through. Hope it doesn't climb again before I get in, but in the big picture I guess it doesn't matter too much. It is a no brainer for sure. GLTA.

Banned

Well it didn't climb again, just did not drop to my bid price. I chased it up and finally nailed it at CAD$.05 today via ASB again. After doing the sums, I decided ASB Securities aren't too bad after all, they give a bloody good service & are locale. The exchange rate between Canada and NZ is not so bad. Big amount of shares(for me - huge) but I'm relaxed & excited about it. I'm excited about all three but feel MES has the most potential for the long run as it plays out.
    Lots of drama on TAG, MES & NZEC on Stockhouse at the moment McBeanburger, those guys need to chill. Panic makes good share prices nose-dive should not complain too much. I'm leaving TAG at this stage but might look at NZEC if they dip down once more.

Hi Cuzzie,

500k not bad and at a good price imo. market for explorers is bad have a look at Africa Oil - they keep hitting oil and keep getting wacked. I believe this down to the amount of goosing going in the main stockmarket - the big boys are out until we have a correction. my guess is feb for correction.

meanwhile - let's hope mes comes out with some news regarding jv's and TAG start testing their EC well.

good luck mate with your purchase!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by McBeanburger View Post
    Hi Cuzzie,

500k not bad and at a good price imo. market for explorers is bad have a look at Africa Oil - they keep hitting oil and keep getting wacked. I believe this down to the amount of goosing going in the main stockmarket - the big boys are out until we have a correction. my guess is feb for correction.

meanwhile - let's hope mes comes out with some news regarding jv's and TAG start testing their EC well.

good luck mate with your purchase!
    Yeah cheers for that McBeanburger. I agree TAG needs to get on with the EC and NZ just needs a wee bit more luck and then on with EC too. It's all in place, now we just need some action.
    McB, what are the rules concerning MES and a drilling time frame, that could be a problem if TAG holds off.

Banned

Here is a good update on NZEC that I picked up from the Stockhouse website. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5CJgUkmU-4 That kind of gives you lots of confidence.

Banned

Default Tag-mes-nzec

Heating up now. For those in the know wink - wink. Excitement.