sharetrader
Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

NZD vs AUD still playing at support from March of last year. It will have to break below 0.90 before I start selling NZD/AUD. One thing about this cross is that it takes a long time for this to trend and once we see a reversal it will take another few months of this downward trend. This is not as volatile as the NZD or AUD against the USD. Converting funds from Australia will depend on the timing of when you need funds here. I would wait until it really break low 91s and test 90 or start its ascent toward 95s again

That's my view. We are at 5+ year low - why convert anything now unless you really need it?

Corporate

Thanks all - a lot to think about !

i have a question about the AUDNZD in early 2011 when it was pushing multi-year highs. i remember getting quite excited at the time and could not find a single article in mainstream media not do i believe there was any coverage on this forum. could someone provide some insight on why that might have been? i made money (clearly) so i'm not complaining.

Whoopsie, support still holds on this cross on NZDAUD or resistance on the AUDNZD. Good bounce after hitting high 0.91s on NZDAUD. It has to make a clean break below 91 to get a reversal signal.

Hey Moosie, note that RSI has now gone below 30 for the first time since our earlier conversation.
    Hence I have close my short positions , some at a loss - those early ones, some at a profit, as I kept selling into the rally.
    I may well be commencing longs soon as RSI crosses above 30 threshold. Ironically I do this for many pairs and this has been one of the worst, which is why I rarely post my positions these days, talking about it always seems to be the kiss of death ;+)
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Well, looks like big suppprt at 92 has failed and we're now headed for a test of the big ol' 90. Fonterra payout gettig lower and, combined with the OCR, are the catalysts for price movements. Shifted back over to Oz stocks week and a half ago around 93. Glad I did now!
    Well the big resistance at 92 broke and we seem headed back to 95 again

Guru

This thread seems to have a longer term element to it....
    Sometimes, even for short termers it may be nice to know the possible long term trend behaviour ..

Last edited by Hoop; 06-07-2014 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    This thread seems to have a longer term element to it....
    Sometimes, even for short termers it may be nice to know the possible long term trend behaviour ..

Hey Hoop - has it just broken through that resistance or is it just on it

So maybe parity on the cards or is that just a pipedream

Just as well moosie got out when he did ... made his zillions and moved to Palmy

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hey Hoop - has it just broken through that resistance or is it just on it

So maybe parity on the cards or is that just a pipedream

Just as well moosie got out when he did ... made his zillions and moved to Palmy
    eh... resistance??... do you mean support? Nah not yet ...give it time to retest, could even be another few months...

Hmmm..parity........It may have to have another Coppock failure for that to happen...Coppock failures are rare....two in a row??....hell yeah, I can believe it as all the other Equity records are being busted and the conventional normally reliable indicators are all crying wolf....Hmmm..bubble signature? ...
    If it does finally happen (parity) all us Nz STers should have a parity party..All Aussi STers invited if they supply the grog..eh?

oh..we better not forgot our Canadian friend ..he can bring a few boxes of...

Last edited by Hoop; 11-07-2014 at 12:21 AM.