sharetrader
Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Good piece suggesting retest of 90 cents as Asian data came in strong (ish) and Australian CPI is up next week. The field is set!

http://www.fxstreet.com/news/forex-n...5-3f9945d2816d
    Hi Moosie,

Thought I'd stop by the Forex forum to wish you luck in manipulating the NZD/AUD exchange rate from the comfort of the Sharetrader forum

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    Hi Moosie,

Thought I'd stop by the Forex forum to wish you luck in manipulating the NZD/AUD exchange rate from the comfort of the Sharetrader forum
    Exporters throughout the nation gather to give thanks to a young chap named Moosie, who, by jawboning the NZD down, has succeeded where the RBNZ had failed for years.

Oh that is absoute gold, made my night!
    Uh oh he's done it now... His prowess at manipulating markets has caused gold to take a downturn!!

On a more serious note, Golden Ballsacks is starting to weigh in with a heavy fist on the NZD (start buying up exporters if you believe them!)

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101590873
    Suppose the same guy at Goldman Sachs who has tried to talk down the AUD to 80 cents USD over the last few months ..forecast 80 cents ... .... seems to be going the other way to me

GS have been short AUD and NZD for a while .... must be getting a bit worried .... but eventually they will be right if they stick to their guns

Maybe you could join them instead of the RBNZ Mr Moosie
    Last edited by winner69; 18-04-2014 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Maybe you could join them instead of the RBNZ Mr Moosie
    No no no, Moosie is going to be the the Next Top Investor.

Taking the best of Allan Hubbard and Derek Handley, he will run his own show and be the hero of the NZX.

I believe sooner than later NZD will go down against AUD. We could see bigger drop in NZD especially during second half this year. Thereafter down trend could continue until 2016 while having volatility. In short NZD is more vulnerable now.

My ideas are not a recommendation to either buy or sell any security or currency.Please do your own research prior to making any investment decisions.
    Last edited by Valuegrowth; 20-04-2014 at 07:58 PM. Reason: To adjust a sentence.

This KiwiOz hit the major support at 0.92 where I started buying again. It went below that level slightly but long term trend still up with out taking into account Hawkish RBNZ comments.

The elastic band snapped back!
    The gradual continued build up of my short Aud/NZD positions was saved from disaster by last 24 hours events with some of them moving into profit and others still being in a fairly large loss. Certainly not going to be the best trade ever but not looking as bad as I thought it was going to be.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Corporate

Hi all - what are the current views on the AUDNZD exchange rate? The NZD has been under some pressure...but will this continue or will the NZD press ahead and continue its upward trend.

From a personal point of view, I have a sum of AUD that I would like to bring back to NZD in the next 12 months. My current thinking is to drip feed it back in say 4 tranches as opposed to one lump some.

Quote Originally Posted by Corporate View Post
    Hi all - what are the current views on the AUDNZD exchange rate? The NZD has been under some pressure...but will this continue or will the NZD press ahead and continue its upward trend.

From a personal point of view, I have a sum of AUD that I would like to bring back to NZD in the next 12 months. My current thinking is to drip feed it back in say 4 tranches as opposed to one lump some.
    Given the unpredictable nature of exchange rates that is the best way course of action to avoid outright speculation.
    However it is historically low (AUD/NZD rate) so if one was to speculate one would think there may be some return to mean over the medium to long term.

Despite current trends , personally I tend to think that long term AUD is a stronger economy (and hence currency) than NZD and wiser people than me are seeing current low AUD/NZD rate as a a good entry point for Aussie investments.

I see Antipodean currencies as both on long term climbs vs USD which will of course be punctuated by violent corrections.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....