sharetrader
Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Banned

As expected, a nice big fat bounce off the primary downtrend line @ 93 cents as stated earlier. Traders must be running scared of Fonterra's pay out in the mid $4's tomorrow. A lot of pain heading the Kiwis way very soon...

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    As expected, a nice big fat bounce off the primary downtrend line @ 93 cents as stated earlier. Traders must be running scared of Fonterra's pay out in the mid $4's tomorrow. A lot of pain heading the Kiwis way very soon...
    Are we looking at the same chart?

Why a lot of pain heading the Kiwis way very soon caused by the AUD/NZD?
    Last edited by winner69; 08-12-2014 at 09:07 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post

Think BFG must have got confused with the NZD/USD .... which I agree looks a bit sad

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Think BFG must have got confused with the NZD/USD .... which I agree looks a bit sad
    I'll reply before the TA textbook gets recited at me.......To be fair BFG is technically correct..but from many bad experiences with trend lines I now take the conservative view in which I rather see a decent result (other indicators in support) not a marginal one off before I convince myself of any technical change..

Channels to show trends are so much better in my opinion..but that's my opinion and many won't share that view as it is a longer term view not a short term view...

I take the view that if the price line fails I need confirmation..there are 2 support lines very close together..9230 is the weak short term support (risky) and the 9199 ..If the 9199 support breaks then there's not much to hold up the NZ$ and the primary down trend will much more likely be confirmed.

The NZ$/AUD is at an interesting technical situation.....let see how this will be played out over the next few days...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Are we looking at the same chart?

Why a lot of pain heading the Kiwis way very soon caused by the AUD/NZD?
    Winner. Triple whammy up imho.

1) absolute slaughter on the farmgate price of dairy up tomorrow from Fonterra.

2) RBNz confirms no rate rises on Thursday, with no more hikes on the horizon, a possible loosening next year and even tighter LVRs to manage the housing bubble.

3) Next week Bill English announces a deficit in the Budget, not a surplus as always expcted.

As I said, a lot of pain ahead as reality hits home...

Advanced Member

Winner. Triple whammy up imho.

1) absolute slaughter on the farmgate price of dairy up tomorrow from Fonterra.

2) RBNz confirms no rate rises on Thursday, with no more hikes on the horizon, a possible loosening next year and even tighter LVRs to manage the housing bubble.

3) Next week Bill English announces a deficit in the Budget, not a surplus as always expcted.

As I said, a lot of pain ahead as reality hits home...
    True but equally as much pain across the Tasman ....they are closer to a rate cut than we are ......I still believe Kiwi will outperform AUD over the next year

Banned

Good old currency wars eh?

Advanced Member

Good old currency wars eh?
    At least we're not printing the stuff ....

This guy probably got it right

http://www.interest.co.nz/currencies...at-expect-2015
    By Gareth Vaughan

.........New Zealand dollar down to US70 cents ........Kiwi dollar may head above 95 Australian cents next year.

This is the AUD/NZD thread ......good news I reckon