sharetrader
Page 14 of 58 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    NZD/AUD at about 94 cents seems about right

Don't think it will go much above 95/96 but who knows if Australia keeps sinking into the mire
    Agreed. Hence why I will buy more at "irrational" levels like this. I'm comfortable waiting some time for a turnaround as I believe the ASX has more opportunities and I have a long term outlook.

Don't fight the (NZ) Fed

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    Agreed. Hence why I will buy more at "irrational" levels like this. I'm comfortable waiting some time for a turnaround as I believe the ASX has more opportunities and I have a long term outlook.

Don't fight the (NZ) Fed
    Good move ....

Banned

Good move ....
    Can smell your sarcasm from here

Woke up to 94.5 already. Yup, nice break out.

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    Can smell your sarcasm from here

Woke up to 94.5 already. Yup, nice break out.
    Is a good move if you going to play the ASX for a while

Puts the icing on the cake

Just that your posts suggest you want more dramatic downward action than has happened.

Banned

Just that your posts suggest you want more dramatic downward action than has happened.
    Yes, am definitely revising the bearish outlook as Australia looks to trim $9B off revenue over two years due to commodity price falls. More downward action would have given me free reign to transfer back to the NZX if an opportunity arose but I can live with sticking to the one way street.

If it reaches parity I will eat a hat (I'm sure NBT will donate one for that cause!)

Banned

Yes, am definitely revising the bearish outlook as Australia looks to trim $9B off revenue over two years due to commodity price falls. More downward action would have given me free reign to transfer back to the NZX if an opportunity arose but I can live with sticking to the one way street.

If it reaches parity I will eat a hat (I'm sure NBT will donate one for that cause!)

This 0.95/0.9550 area has held as a resistance point on multiple occasions since 1991, possibly longer but I don't have any older charts than 1991, and 'should' be defended by those that like to defend such things again. But, look out if it manages to push on through these levels, as there will, I imagine, be massive stop-loss and stop-loss entry orders out there.

If we see a daily close above 9550 or so, then I'd choose your hat for personal taste qualities, as we would easily see a test of parity, pushed on by momentum traders.

Longer term, you would have to think these levels represent good value for moving funds to OZ, keeping in mind however that the KIWI stays stubbornly strong for much longer than it stays weak

Early 1970's almost reached parity (might have popped over for a few hours) but since then mid 90's is the highest it has got

http://www.rbnz.govt.nz/statistics/t...1973-1998).xls

Banned

I note that today the RBNZ rebalanced the NZD TWI to include the yuan at 20% of the currency basket. The USD was cut from 32% to 15% and the AUD bumped up 1% to 22%. This is to better correlate the NZD with NZs key trading partners.

Banned

Traders trying to push through 95 but being rebuffed each time. Can it hold???