sharetrader
Page 26 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

I would have thought we will still see parity, however the longer it takes the less likely I think it will happen. I think we will see a high between 1.03 - 1.05.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

I believe NZ Dollar could stay strong against AUD in the short run. However, both NZD and AUD should depreciate against USD continuously. Particularly we may see free fall in NZD and AUD against USD towards end of this year and in 2016. DUOR.

Apart from the long term average that should pull the nz/au nearer to 0.85, can the kiwi realisticly hold parity against the ausi into the future. Is the kiwi economy that much better off than the ausi. Time will tell.

Would our dollar be so valued if we had rates as low as AUD.....I think not

Is the fact the Gov and others like to portray a High NZD/AUD as signs of a great booming economy to are peer Aussies across the ditch when in reality it's purely been driven by the worlds investors hunting for safe yield ?

The NZD/AUD is working great for the Aussie economy ..as they own so many NZ businesses their profits in AUD are soaring ..also less Aussies will travel here and more likely spend there tourism dollars at home ....

Food etc how many supermarkets will now both here and across the ditch be stocking Aussie products over more expensive NZ ones ...same for other export markets ..I remember not long ago when we were at record highs against the USD the factory we supplied with a certain fish stock lost one of it's contracts(Russia) to a lower cost supplier nation(USA) ...it pretty much happened within months ....and took much longer to find another buyer..now it's looking like our core export fish market to Aus is going the same way ....

The longer the NZD is high against the AUD the more damage it will do ..Can't believe all media rubbish about a parity party hooray ....happy days we are a rich nation BS ...we our a tiny export driven nation many thousands of miles away from many of our buyers... Aussie has been a cornerstone export market for tens of thousands of kiwi jobs...

And some how we should be Happy about it ....because Property is booming right ...we are taking the wrong path to wealth as a nation
    Last edited by JBmurc; 13-04-2015 at 11:53 AM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Biggest exports to Aus by value - Crude Oil and Gold (the latter likely to drop with OGC limited life in NZ mines)third- Wine

Australia is NZ’s second largest destination (behind China) for our exports of food and beverages ...

BILATERAL TRADE BALANCE is going have a massive turn-round over the next couple of years ...IMHO on the back of the chch rebuild coming to a end ,,property blow-off in general we will also be hit with a huge trade deficit ...a perfect **** storm is coming job losses just the same we seen in Australian auto sector and mining we will get in the property/food/mining etc
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Time to import bananas & pineapples ! ;-)
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-dail...nomy-world-cup

Are we winning the economy world cup?

Quote Originally Posted by MARKETWINNER View Post
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-dail...nomy-world-cup

Are we winning the economy world cup?
    So very true ....Many hardworking kiwis will suffer on the back of property speculation adding very high debt loads to incomes(bubble)

then we have a very open door policy to foreign people with money to become kiwis and adding even more pressure to property in major centres,,,, maybe it's time we have limits on foreigners buying in the main centres with so many towns round NZ have a glut of empty properties push more towards these areas to balance NZ out ....

IMHO we are get very out of balance in this country ... guess it bit like the fergburger down here in Queenstown pretty much 24/7 there in a line running down the street for fergburger yet you could go to Doz other Burger food outlets within a short distance and get a burger just as good but its a "human sheep motive" Wow that place is booming better go there >>>

El Toro~

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    So very true ....Many hardworking kiwis will suffer on the back of property speculation adding very high debt loads to incomes(bubble)

then we have a very open door policy to foreign people with money to become kiwis and adding even more pressure to property in major centres,,,, maybe it's time we have limits on foreigners buying in the main centres with so many towns round NZ have a glut of empty properties push more towards these areas to balance NZ out ....

IMHO we are get very out of balance in this country ... guess it bit like the fergburger down here in Queenstown pretty much 24/7 there in a line running down the street for fergburger yet you could go to Doz other Burger food outlets within a short distance and get a burger just as good but its a "human sheep motive" Wow that place is booming better go there >>>

I'll give you the Fergburger certainly isn't the same as it was 7 years ago, still bloody good though!

I agree with you on restricting foreign investment into our property market, just take a look at the data showing how much Chinese money is being put down into the Auckland market

El Toro~

Since the China GDP data at 14:00 we're back up too NZD/AUD = 0.9903, parity party, anyone?