sharetrader
Page 29 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by dingoNZ View Post
    Eyes to the RBA cash rate today @ 1630, most thinking a 25bp cut to 2.00%

Should be noted Iron Ore has rebounded nicely to back over $50/tonne in the past 10 days, not sure if will alter the RBA decision but Hockey said he believes long term it will drift to the $30's.
    2.00% it is .......

RBA now has neutral stance on rates, RBNZ looking to perhaps cut. How quickly times change.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    RBA now has neutral stance on rates, RBNZ looking to perhaps cut. How quickly times change.
    Yes looking at re-financing with local ANZ come back with 5.3% 6months told him to go and find a better rate ...this cut should help
    deposit rates down longer term fixed down SBS was doing 4.99% 5yr rate yet shorter terms are higher load of banker rubbish ,,swap rates giving the banks even fatter profits than last few years ..
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Has anyone looked at Credit Union ACU offering 6.2% for 12 months?

Quote Originally Posted by stanace View Post
    Has anyone looked at Credit Union ACU offering 6.2% for 12 months?
    yeah I did see that think they will be same as the other NZCU and be a BB- rating so pretty safe I'd think
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Both AUD and NZD will become brother and sister. We could see bigger fall in NZD and AUD aginast USD and Asian currencies toward end of this year and in 2016.

Guru

What is happening to our $? Under .93 vs the Aud now and also dropping against other currencies. Where are the so called experts that were talking up parity in the media now? It seems to have gone very quiet. This is a huge drop in a short space of time. But I wonder what is driving the move. Is it perceived strengthening in the Aussie economy or the potential for rate cuts here and yet another lower dairy auction?

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    What is happening to our $? Under .93 vs the Aud now and also dropping against other currencies. Where are the so called experts that were talking up parity in the media now? It seems to have gone very quiet. This is a huge drop in a short space of time. But I wonder what is driving the move. Is it perceived strengthening in the Aussie economy or the potential for rate cuts here and yet another lower dairy auction?
    Banks through their guru economic commentators are calling for interest rate cuts and the traders falling for that so down the $ goes.

Noticed how gloomy things have got lately. Almost a self fulfilling prophecy.

Next month it might be all different

El Toro~

Give it time, the RBNZ now have huge pressure to drop rates this year and this is now being factored into the NZD.

This is more strength in the AUD rather than weakness in the NZD, watch closely to Iron ore/commodity prices as they decline so will the AUD. The outlook for Australia isn't exactly rosy for the short/mid term.

I upped my ASX holdings between 0.982 and 0.996 and will monitor the dollar closely.

Self fulfilling or just perceptive? It was pretty obvious that the NZ economy was turning six months ago. Dairy being the obvious case in point.

Dingo, well its both & in fact the NZD has dropped considerably against the USD since the RBNZ started talking down rates etc. The yield trade in the NZD is unwinding by looks. The Aussie has had a bit of a lift comparatively & I agree this maybe temporary.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Banks through their guru economic commentators are calling for interest rate cuts and the traders falling for that so down the $ goes.

Noticed how gloomy things have got lately. Almost a self fulfilling prophecy.

Next month it might be all different
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.