sharetrader
Page 12 of 87 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    Veteran novice

Yes, I'd probably settle for $28 too. The problem is that the final price won't be known until after the issue closes.

Is anyone holding? I'm already down 6% it just keeps going down

Wondering what a good entry point will be? .... or will the decline be in for a while, and best to stay away!

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by theace View Post
    Wondering what a good entry point will be? .... or will the decline be in for a while, and best to stay away!
    I'd expect the SP to remain around these levels until the SPP has closed, subject of course to what world market gyrations may throw at local markets in the meantime!

Quote Originally Posted by theace View Post
    All I can tell you is, today is a better entry point than it was 2 weeks ago. Apart from that, I don't think anyone knows.

I'm holding and considering the capital raise.

Technically its looks broken with a clear break well below the 200 day MA. Fundamentally its starting to look like a value play but I can't help but wonder if the tide isn't turning. Losses from their exposure to small miners could be substantial. PE is currently 10.5 which looks cheap but a guy I know holds HSBC and that's on a PE of 7.5 and has been going down steadily for two years Oversold or value trap ?, you be the judge. Disc: I don't hold.
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-08-2015 at 04:40 PM.

Veteran novice

I can't see the SPP failing. It's for $.5b, at a price which will be lower, in all probability, than the $2.5b raised in the institutional placement which was at $30.95. If it's not, it will mean that the shareprice has recovered to the placement price!

1 September is the first of 8 trading days over which the SPP price will be calculated. ( weighted average sale price over this period minus 2%).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Technically its looks broken with a clear break well below the 200 day MA. Fundamentally its starting to look like a value play but I can't help but wonder if the tide isn't turning. Losses from their exposure to small miners could be substantial. PE is currently 10.5 which looks cheap but a guy I know holds HSBC and that's on a PE of 7.5 and has been going down steadily for two years Oversold or value trap ?, you be the judge. Disc: I don't hold.
    Not just HSBC but Standard Chartered ,the other UK bank with major interests in the Far East, which has fallen even faster and further. Not surprising really when you read some of the scare stories regarding China and other EMs which are being published in the UK. Try http://ftalphaville.ft.com/ and the FT itself.

Personally I don't see how the Aussie banks can be immune.

Veteran novice

Not specifically ANZ but a comment on the Aussie banks generally and on the recent trend there for yields on leading "income" stocks to converge around the 4-4.5% mark.

https://www.livewiremarkets.com/wire...eid=9f402457b0
    Last edited by macduffy; 31-08-2015 at 01:40 PM.

Now at $26.86. I'm thinking of passing up the share issue and buying on the market.