sharetrader
Page 14 of 87 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    Veteran novice

[QUOTEHence SP weakness compared to the other aussie banks. ][/QUOTE]

There's not a lot in it though. ANZ down about 27% from highs in the last 6 months. All the others down 23-25%. The dilution effect of the capital raising also partly to blame.

ANZ financial year ends in September, I am not across all of the ex dividend dates but if you think about those, some of the ANZ dividend for full year will be built into share price while others if gone ex div will be discounted. Either way, there is very little between the banks, they are all around 25% from recent highs and have led the fall in ASX20 along with the miners.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Nasi Goreng View Post
    ANZ financial year ends in September, I am not across all of the ex dividend dates but if you think about those, some of the ANZ dividend for full year will be built into share price while others if gone ex div will be discounted. Either way, there is very little between the banks, they are all around 25% from recent highs and have led the fall in ASX20 along with the miners.
    CBA year/half year ends June and December. The other three are September/March, final divs paid in December. I doubt that this has much influence except perhaps when CBA is cum div and the others aren't.

Veteran novice

Now that the SPP price determination date has passed ANZ has taken a nice 61.5c move up (ASX). Just a matter now of waiting to see what the SPP price comes out as - and how much applications are scaled back.

Veteran novice

Duplicate.
    Last edited by macduffy; 09-09-2015 at 01:22 PM.

Veteran novice

SPP shares issued at $26.50. The amount was oversubscribed but all applications accepted without scaling back.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/2015091...gmz0tg7530.pdf

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    SPP shares issued at $26.50. The amount was oversubscribed but all applications accepted without scaling back.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/2015091...gmz0tg7530.pdf
    It would be interesting to know what percentage of shareholders participated. A further break down to see what percentage of NZ shareholders participated would be interesting too - as for a start, it would take more of an effort for NZ based shareholder to participate. You'd think they would cater for the NZ part of ANZ, after all we comprise 2/3's of the name! Renounceable rights issues are fairer especially for non-residents and those who do not/ are not able to participate.

Disc: I did not participate.

Veteran novice

Yes, 2/3's of the name but probably only about 15% of the business these days. Investors in Aust shares need to have an AUD account to utilise BPay for cash issues etc, IMO.

You make a good point and it is something to bear in mind for the future. The facts are though, I was only ever luke warm about this raise.

I know now it looks like we might have missed out on an opportunity but it was never my intention to trade it, and I feel it won't be the last time we see $26.50. Its hard sitting on your hands but if it can get to around $24, I might not be able to resist a decent stake.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Yes, 2/3's of the name but probably only about 15% of the business these days. Investors in Aust shares need to have an AUD account to utilise BPay for cash issues etc, IMO.

I agree it is definitely advisable to have an Australian bank account when investing in Aus shares - especially if you have quite a few. However, ANZ is one of the largest if not the largest NZ Bank and one of the largest Australian companies. Being a bank and with extensive NZ operations, of all companies one would think they could organise a facility for its NZ shareholders to make payment in NZ dollars.

I suspect they did not consider the numbers of its (smaller) individual NZ shareholders warranted the effort of enabling payment in NZ dollars. Similarly they did not consider a Rights issue as being fairer to those individual shareholders who could not / would not participate in the capital raising. Indicative of a different attitude compared to the other Australasian banks who undertook rights issues?

And the shareholders resident outside Australasia? With a rights issue they can at least participate in the automatic sale of entitlements.