sharetrader
Page 19 of 87 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
    Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Great thanks Snoopy. One last question (maybe not - in the interim dividend I received in July for my nzx.anz shares, there was no mention of imputation credits. At that stage, I had 1227 shares. The payment rate was .86 cents as you know, and the total gross/net amount was listed as $1,055 The franking credit is listed (no good to us I guess) at $452.

I think I might be missing something here, but how do I know what the imputation credits are? Thanks in anticipation.
    Presumably the shares aren't held in an Australian- domiciled nominee account?

No, held in NZ.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Great thanks Snoopy. One last question (maybe not - in the interim dividend I received in July for my nzx.anz shares, there was no mention of imputation credits. At that stage, I had 1227 shares. The payment rate was .86 cents as you know, and the total gross/net amount was listed as $1,055 The franking credit is listed (no good to us I guess) at $452.

I think I might be missing something here, but how do I know what the imputation credits are? Thanks in anticipation.
    Bobdn, I just had a look at my 2015 interim dividend statement dated 1st July 2015. There were seven 'headers' spread out across the page as follows:

Class of Share Dividend per Share Number of Shares Franked Amount Dividend Amount Franking Gredit NZ Imputation Credit

All amounts are listed in Australian dollars except for the imputation credits. These are listed under the furthermost column to the right, in $NZ. My ANZ shares are listed on the NZX, as I believe are yours. So our interim dividend statements should be both printed in the same format.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 25-11-2015 at 02:41 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Bobdn, I just had a look at my 2015 interim dividend statement dated 1st July 2015. There were seven 'headers' spread out across the page as follows:

Class of Share Dividend per Share Number of Shares Franked Amount Dividend Amount Franking Gredit NZ Imputation Credit
    The Dividend Amount is in A$ so needs to be converted and the NZ Imputation is in NZ$

If paid in Cash (no DRP) don't you get NZ$ so no need to convert.

Seems pretty clear to me
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Thanks both. My shares are nz listed, however my statement doesn't have the imputation header. I'm in the drp but i assume that would not mean a different statement

I'll check in with computershare and report back in due course.

If panic sets in about Asia and the Australian business starts to trade at an irrational discount I still think some will be tempted. The core business is still performing and it seems to me that the "super-regional" business could eventually be shirked which would streamline the business towards investor returns. Perhaps a little wishful and/or premature in my part however.

Given the companies performance over the last decade the remuneration issues also appears poignant.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomtom View Post
    If panic sets in about Asia and the Australian business starts to trade at an irrational discount I still think some will be tempted. The core business is still performing and it seems to me that the "super-regional" business could eventually be shirked which would streamline the business towards investor returns. Perhaps a little wishful and/or premature in my part however.

Given the companies performance over the last decade the remuneration issues also appears poignant.

Core business seems just fine...

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/business/new...ref=NZH_FBpage

Only if writing scripts to sequels becomes a core business activity...

Anyway if it where as well run as the other 3 it would trade at a similar premium.

Banned

My broker is raving about the dividends from the Australian banks, as well as their relative cheapness. I picked up some ANZ the other day, though I felt it better to do it on our own NZX rather than buying in Australian dollars. I suppose though that the NZX price will ultimately take into account any swings in currency?

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshiva View Post
    My broker is raving about the dividends from the Australian banks, as well as their relative cheapness. I picked up some ANZ the other day, though I felt it better to do it on our own NZX rather than buying in Australian dollars. I suppose though that the NZX price will ultimately take into account any swings in currency?
    Yes, indeed!

Any "discrepancies"- currency adjusted - are quickly arbitraged away by traders. There is an argument that buying/selling Aust stocks on the ASX is preferable due to the greater depth of that market but I doubt that's an issue for us retail investors for a widely traded stock such as ANZ.