sharetrader
Page 32 of 87 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast
    Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Exclamation Skating on Thin Ice

If you had not poo-poo'ed my suggestion that those KPMG type metrics were more useful than the those you were dreaming up then I would have been willing to enlighten you by suggesting that you look at Note 7 on Page 46 of the UDC Finance Limited Prospectus of 17-Dec-15 [UDC Secured Investments No69].

But you did so I am not.

And if you are still none the wiser then I suggest you give up on the financial analysis completely and just stick with the Ice Hockey.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    If you had not poo-poo'ed my suggestion that those KPMG type metrics were more useful than the those you were dreaming up then I would have been willing to enlighten you by suggesting that you look at Note 7 on Page 46 of the UDC Finance Limited Prospectus of 17-Dec-15 [UDC Secured Investments No69].
    PT I am not trying to design something 'better' than KPMG. I am sure the KPMG ratios capture very well what they are trying to measure. I have designed a slightly different ratio becasue I am measuring something different. I am looking a a level of loans less troublesome than impaired that for which I have coined the term 'stressed loans'. AFAIK KPMG do not deal with 'stressed loans'.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 12-06-2016 at 04:37 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Good time to own banks if those banks are ANZ, WBC CBA and NAB. All other banks, not so much it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Good time to own banks if those banks are ANZ, WBC CBA and NAB. All other banks, not so much it seems.
    ANZ results out 2nd of November.. what are we thinking? Another 80cent AUD dividend?

Mine just sit in the DRP

yes, I think 80 cents. I'm in the DRP as well so not terribly happy about ANZ's 20% increase over the last six months

Question Is this not a NZX thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    I am with you 100% on that except for CBA, NAB & WBC.

Oh, & BEN & BOQ

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Wow, tetchy. I take it you don't own any ANZ?

Cool Have done well from a certain other bank.

ANZ is one of my Oz bankers and ANZ is one of my Kiwi bankers.

The Australian Fund for Older Tigers had some BEN, think it had some ANZ when it was younger as well. Wish it still had the BEN.

I was disputing whether holding or buying, NAB and especially CBA & WBC is currently a good idea.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Ah, got it

Default Tony Carter in Christchurch: Tuesday, 11. October, 7.30 pm, RSA Building

If you happen to be that day in Christchurch and want to hear Tony Carter (board member of ANZ NZ) speaking - here is your opportunity: http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...l=1#post639524
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)