sharetrader
Page 73 of 87 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast

Morningstar's revised guidance dated 30/4 for the Aussie listing is AUD$25, accumulate.

"With our longer-term forecasts largely unchanged, the changes are not material enough to move our AUD 25 FVE. We believe the bank remains undervalued, trading at a 32% discount to our fair value."

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Grimy View Post
    Maybe things are a bit tight. I notice they've started charging me a $5 monthly account fee as of the end of April.
    It wasn't so long ago that BNZ dropped their monthly $5 charge. I wonder if that will be reintroduced?
    There's been quite a long running chapter of these sort of charges being refined & whacked upwards by ANZ ..
    On a commercial account I remember less than $4, then $4 monthly fee - paper statements got knocked back to 6 monthly - but no change in fees
    More recently, base fee got whacked up to $8.50 pm on pretence of increased free transactions - a huge increase for no extra
    service rendered for some low transaction accounts ...

As I have always thought - show me a bank that is not for very long behind the eight ball .. Banks are goldmines
    ANZ is no different & IMO potentially a good buy ATM for mid to longer term, and looks better of the two Aussie
    banking outfits listed on NZX
    Last edited by nztx; 04-05-2020 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    Morningstar's revised guidance dated 30/4 for the Aussie listing is AUD$25, accumulate.

"With our longer-term forecasts largely unchanged, the changes are not material enough to move our AUD 25 FVE. We believe the bank remains undervalued, trading at a 32% discount to our fair value."
    A Morningstar recommendation to buy? Ominous news for us shareholders.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomtom View Post
    A Morningstar recommendation to buy? Ominous news for us shareholders.
    Oh really? Guess I'm not up to play with their track record, will flick them (the shares) off tomorrow

I've been buying ANZ and WBC around $16 to $18. I think the easiest money to be made in the next 2 years. Pity there wont be a DRP in these low prices too. I am nowhere near as bearish as many and I think all the downside is factored in now at these prices. Who knows but I'm happy to park money here. $20 ex divvy end of year I'm picking easy

Quote Originally Posted by dabsman View Post
    I've been buying ANZ and WBC around $16 to $18. I think the easiest money to be made in the next 2 years. Pity there wont be a DRP in these low prices too. I am nowhere near as bearish as many and I think all the downside is factored in now at these prices. Who knows but I'm happy to park money here. $20 ex divvy end of year I'm picking easy
    I'm thinking along similar lines. Doesn't hurt to have some in a diversified portfolio. The downside is already factored in you'd think, and if not, I'll DCA as we go, assuming the troubles don't get completely out of hand.

I've been buying ANZ and WBC around $16 to $18. I think the easiest money to be made in the next 2 years.
    In 2009 I bought in at around $19 thinking they were well undervalued (they probably were) and now here we are 10 years later back under that level. I also have bought a few more around $16 as they will survive and eventually bounce back up as the economies pick up. Could be a few years before all the bad debt is worked through and it could be a rough couple of years for both the business and the share price.

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    In 2009 I bought in at around $19 thinking they were well undervalued (they probably were) and now here we are 10 years later back under that level. I also have bought a few more around $16 as they will survive and eventually bounce back up as the economies pick up. Could be a few years before all the bad debt is worked through and it could be a rough couple of years for both the business and the share price.
    You would have doubled your holding if you had DRP approx?

Noob question time... Why do we see this? Is it some kind of manipulation to keep the price in a tight range and try build some support? Or am I reading too much into it?

Attachment 11488

On second thoughts, you'd have stuff all chance of manipulation with this stock on the NZX anyway I guess.

You would have doubled your holding if you had DRP approx?
    Probably, it is a good dividend stock and I like getting dividends. But the dividend was better spent elsewhere. In the same time-frame, many NZ growth stocks have far, far exceeded ANZ's return. Ita a good dividend stock - I take the dividend.