sharetrader
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Morale of the story is wait before you upgrade, you do not have to once apple says its ready.
    My employers IT dept said to wait as there was a security issue that they wanted to/apple to, fix before leting the staff update their iphones (all 4S's) and ipads. No reported problems (well major or gripes) that I have heard of.
    Some did not read the "memo: and went ahead, they lost there use of WiFi in the interim or got the phone taken off them until the fix!. That will make them look next time

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Have both an Iphone 5 and Samsung Galaxy s4. Samsung wins hands down IMHO.

When it comes to PC's, I love Apple products... cannot stand Windows anything except good old XP.
    For phones though, it's Android hands down. Apple enforces far too much control (and cost) over their music and apps for the iPhone.
    Android's work beautifully. No need to restrict yourself to Samsung... HTC is brilliant too as I am sure all Android phones are. Irrespective of the manufacture, all Android 'flight decks' are essentially the same, with a wide choice of screen sizes and speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by KW View Post
    Just google "ios update problems" and you'll see what I mean. .

google any product with the word 'problems' and you'll get lots of hits
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Androids definitely offer more customization and flexibility. You could have a page on your phone that shows you indices/share prices. On the other hand, since this is your first smart phone, having all that customization might be somewhat overwhelming at first. With that said, if you take it slowly, and get some help along the way, the android platform will allow you to do more with your phone.

Iphones on the other hand are great phones if you don't want much/any customization. You basically get what Apple gives you, and most people are fine with that. However it does seem like you are somewhat frugal when it comes to phones. This will not work with an iphone. My iphone 4 gets slower with every operating system upgrade.

I just recently bought a Nexus 5. In terms of computing power and price it beats both samsung and iphone. Memory wise, go with 16GB. If you survived for 17 years with 2 phones, you wouldn't be yearning for more memory with a 16gb phone.