sharetrader
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    KW

Default VMT - electric scooters

Had my eye on VMT for a while, finally picked up some on the back of their most recent trading update. The company has finally turned the corner to become profitable, market acceptance of the scooters in China is building, and they have just entered the Indonesian market. Considering the scale of their potential business, this one could be a nice future earner (I'd say ten bagger but then it might look like I'm ramping it LOL). Its also beginning to get noticed in the media http://www.theage.com.au/business/vmoto-scooters-in-fast-lane-as-sales-expand-in-china-20131231-304j1.html

Market cap is currently $38m with maiden profit of $300-$600k expected for FY13. Nov trading saw $200k profit, which if this can be maintained or bettered, profits approaching $2m for FY14 looks possible.

Got in today. A huge market I reckon between China and Indonesia. Then there are all the other SE Asian countries where motor cycles are the primary mode of transport.

Bit like tesla?

I'm in this one. Very exciting market and owns factory right through to the retail stores. I really like the monthly updates and how they keep delivering on their targets.

Big rise toady, next week is the update. Wonder where the SP will be heading then

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by baller18 View Post
    Big rise toady, next week is the update. Wonder where the SP will be heading then
    They don't like the update, but I expect this to run into support between 4.2 and 3.9 cents ... Have traded this from 2 cents and sold on the up, adding to the position here .....still think they will be selling heaps of scooters in China ....

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by KW View Post
    Its become a bit of a HC plaything too hence the increase in volume and price over the last month. Its not a wild and exciting biotech so I think they will soon get bored with it. Expect it to come back to its 50 day MA and hug it for a while. Big ramp up in OEM scooters from 42k to 64k this year, and even though margins are lower on the OEM, it will still see more cash generated to fund their store expansion. The wild card is the utility vehicles they are trialing with the Chinese council - this could turn out to be nothing or a nice little earner selling street cleaners to councils. (The Chinese are very big on keeping their streets clean, something I noticed when I was over there, lots of people sweeping).
    Thanks KW, I stay away from that site ... I did wonder 50 mio plus shares on the day , knocked some out @ 4.6 late in the day to improve the average ....

Advanced Member

Looks like electric vehicles are gaining traction.This is obviously the lower end compared to TSLA, but shows China commited
    to reducing air pollution ,also good for the scooters ......

http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/news...ic-cars-hourly

DISC: Hold

Advanced Member

Looks like electric vehicles are gaining traction.This is obviously the lower end compared to TSLA, but shows China commited
    to reducing air pollution ,also good for the scooters ......

http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/news...ic-cars-hourly

DISC: Hold

Advanced Member

Not sure if this is a VMT product, but hopefully they are ...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...d-and-footpath