sharetrader
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

I believe globally certain stocks have risen to absurd levels on the back of low interest rates specialty tech stocks. Certain tech stocks are extremely overvalued now. Despite overvaluation these stocks may not go down easily. We cannot predict how far they can go down once they start going down. Stocks could stay under pressure in some markets.

My ideas are not a recommendation to either buy or sell any security, commodity or currency. Please do your own research prior to making any investment decisions.

Which ones then? Globally there are a lot of tech stocks. You wouldn't like to narrow it down, perhaps?

According to following link Asia Pacific is now the most undervalued region.

http://news.morningstar.com/articlen...aspx?id=640171

Stock Market Outlook: Time to Play Defense

In a market leaning toward the overvalued side, investors must dig deeper to unearth buying opportunities.

Please note that I do not endorse or take responsibility for material in the above hyper-linked site. Please do your own research.

http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/market-...ero-drop-bd-15

MARKET CLOSE: Growth stocks fall as investors raise cash for Genesis; Pacific Edge, Xero drop

http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/nz-doll...overy-bd-15404

Dollar may fall in second quarter, benefiting winemakers, exporters, in face of US recovery.

Please note that I do not endorse or take responsibility for material in the above hyper-linked site. Please do your own research.

Some stocks look vulnerable now specially overvalued tech stocks.

Finally will there be 10% to 20% correction? What about New Zealand market?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikehelv...et-correction/

How To Prepare For The Next Stock Market Correction

My ideas are not a recommendation to either buy or sell any security, commodity or currency. Please note that I do not endorse or take responsibility for material in the above hyper-linked site. Please do your own research.
    Last edited by Valuegrowth; 03-04-2014 at 10:21 PM. Reason: To adjust a sentence.

Not only Nasdaq but also key Japanese index and major European indexes slid more than 1% on Friday. S & P 500 also had a worst week since January. Even commodity market hit badly on Friday. We saw weakness in agri, metals and energy markets on Friday. Valuation is the matter now. In the short run market may go down. In the long run market will go up. Stocks holding hedge funds too have come down. It looks like hedge funds have been forced to reduce their long positions. This could lead to further selling in stock and commodity futures markets in the coming weeks. As I said before this could be time to hide in attractive consumer staples globally. Consumer staples are ideal for all types of situations as long as we see great story, value and growth. Bad news for the market is good news for the dollar. Will this be reversal for both NZD and AUD? Is a larger downturn ahead for NZD and AUD? I reasonably think so.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...riday/7587759/

Stock plunge continues, Nasdaq drops below 4000

My ideas are not a recommendation to either buy or sell any security, commodity or currency. Please note that I do not endorse or take responsibility for material in the above hyper-linked site. Please do your own research.

Moroccan market holding up well

And my old favourite Marakeesh Express reaching new highs ....wonder what management is n these days

Hello winner69

You are right. You are very clever and very intelligent. Some small markets are up including Morocco. Few South and East Asian markets also are doing well including Indian market.Can we see rally in Chinese market next?

Have a nice week end!
    Last edited by Valuegrowth; 12-04-2014 at 06:41 PM.

Few months back and in 2013 Pakistan market was one of the star performers in global stock markets. Market players didn’t’ pay much attention to some markets in Asia like India. In addition we saw heavy selling in emerging markets as a result of speculation on tapering. Wise intelligent market players took advantage in these types of situations and some emerging markets like India are having great run now. We may see strong up trend in few more emerging and frontier markets. We can see some downtrend in Vietnam market now. Though current bull market is intact in DOW, S,& P 500 and Nasdaq it is due for at least 10% correction. Overvalued tech stocks are more vulnerable. USD should start to go up especially in the second half of this year and we may see beginning of strong down trend for currencies such as NZD and AUD. These days Pound is rising against Euro. In addition to pound emerging currencies too are recovering now. In the mean time there could be some short term support for some commodities and some commodity prices could go down further when we see above average harvests and when inventory level improve further in the second half of this year.

http://qz.com/208437/indias-markets-...ng-the-buying/

India’s markets are having a pre-election rally, but it’s foreigners doing the buying.

Last edited by Valuegrowth; 14-05-2014 at 08:36 PM. Reason: To Adjust a paragraph

Sooner than later we may have to apply “Be fearful when others are greedy” not only for overvalued stock markets but also for overvalued currencies such as NZD and AUD. Defensive is the best medicine in some period when everybody becomes too optimistic about assets that they are holding. Some will say this time is different. No it is not different. Actors may have been changed. But markets will repeat things in a different manner. Traders are speculating on the basis of short term factors such as weather and Ukraine crisis etc when they buy and sell stocks and commodities. We may see bigger sell of in overvalued stocks and commodities. The time of maximum pessimism is the best time to buy and the time of maximum optimism is the best time to sell. Five years back we had time of maximum pessimism. It is time to identify emerging stocks, commodities and currencies. I think smart money is preparing for at least 20% market correction in overvalued markets.

My ideas are not a recommendation to either buy or sell any security, commodity or currency. Please do your own research prior to making any investment decisions