sharetrader

Default Newbie Introduction and question about broker options

Hi All

I'm 24 and want to start investing my savings. I majored in Finance at uni because I've always had a personal interest in the share market but decided I didn't want a career in it. Thus I have an alright theoretical knowledge, but am not so sure on the specifics of how to get started.

I was thinking of using the ANZ online brokering service as I already have my banking with them. Has anybody else on here had much experience with them? I've seen a fair few threads talk about ASB, but nothing on the ANZ service. I would be starting out with a relatively small amount (~$5k) just to get a feel for it. Long term I want to be a competent investor so I want to learn as much as I can rather than just investing everything in a managed fund.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

born2invest

Quote Originally Posted by Gringe View Post
    Hi All

I'm 24 and want to start investing my savings. I majored in Finance at uni because I've always had a personal interest in the share market but decided I didn't want a career in it. Thus I have an alright theoretical knowledge, but am not so sure on the specifics of how to get started.

I was thinking of using the ANZ online brokering service as I already have my banking with them. Has anybody else on here had much experience with them? I've seen a fair few threads talk about ASB, but nothing on the ANZ service. I would be starting out with a relatively small amount (~$5k) just to get a feel for it. Long term I want to be a competent investor so I want to learn as much as I can rather than just investing everything in a managed fund.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.
    ANZ will be fine for what you need.

Guru

ANZ use the Direct Broking platform but last time I looked DB had lower brokerage.

DB user myself.

I use ANZ. I prefer their layout and general operation all round

Thanks for the feedback. I sent away my application today. Hopefully they don't take an age to process it.