sharetrader
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default AOG the next Ryman?

I haven’t seen much on here about AOG. They are a spinoff of the retirement division from FKP which owned a fair chunk of Forest Place Group, now renamed Aveo Healthcare group. They have done very well since they stated their intention to concentrate solely on retirement healthcare. They have yet to divest their commercial property holdings from my understanding.
    I had been following Forrest Place Group (FPG), but they seemed far too illiquid. But they are now under the AOG (Aveo Healthcare Group)
    Fortunately living in Brisbane I have had the opportunity to view their villages and my partner who has had the luxury in working at both Ryman villages in NZ and now Aveo villages in Brisbane (community physiotherapist capacity only) informed me that she felt the Aveo villages were better presented than the Rita Angus? Ryman villages In Wellington.
    Well that was good enough for us to jump in, we are hoping they will follow in the footsteps of our RYM holdings.

What do others think of this company?
    I believe they are concentrated in Queensland.

Cheers.

IMO

Hi Pumice .posted re AOG on FKP thread,check it out.. Talking to myself most of the time.Anyways i bought in and on my way to a double bagger now. They've done a great transformation morphing to a pure play retirement vessel. Divs to be reinstated this year i read somewhere. So I'm obviously buoyed by my success and optimistic. P S thanks for the inside comparison to RYM very int. I hold both.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 23-01-2014 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Hi Pumice .posted re AOG on FKP thread,check it out.. Talking to myself most of the time.Anyways i bought in and on my way to a double bagger now. They've done a great transformation morphing to a pure play retirement vessel. Divs to be reinstated this year i read somewhere. So I'm obviously buoyed by my success and optimistic. P S thanks for the inside comparison to RYM very int. I hold both.
    Hi Joshuatree, I'll have a look at the FKP thread. I had only done a quick search on the word Aveo and nothing came up in the forums.

You must have gooten in close to $1? thats pretty good timing! I'm in at more than double that, but still see a fair bit of value here.
    Given they have 12,000 residents in 76 retirement villages over all states of Australia, they seem very cheap even at $2.18. Hopefully they can get up over $7 again.
    It should be an intersting year for AOG indeed.

Thanks.

IMO

Another sale realising $56 million at re book value selling its 50% venture in MFKP.

Really like this bit " Aveo is assessing the potential use of two high profile sites one at Sanctuary Cove as major retirement hubs.This is consistent with Aveos stately of accelerating the development of more high quality retirement communities with INCREASED LEVELS OF CARE". I Hold RYM as well but more s/p growth in AOG atm ,imo.

IMO

$2.25 close to or at a new high. The switch of some of RYM ,going south still has paid handsomely.

IMO

Into the ASX 200 we go and a new kicker up for the s/p to a new high$2.33 today.

All the more surprising, rights issue last December was not fully subscribed, so top up I subscribed for was supplied in full.
    How many others enjoyed this bonus
    Growth of about 60% since, even allowing for fundamentals this has surprised.

IMO

Been great ride O R. A real stayer . Ive sold dribs and drabs; am in a great position and the track is easy ahead and firm behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Been great ride O R. A real stayer . Ive sold dribs and drabs; am in a great position and the track is easy ahead and firm behind.
    Good stuff JT, you'll be happy with the $2.35 (4.4%) spike today, looks to have had some volume to it as well.
    This stock is looking good.

IMO

Another sale announced above book value. Price been drifting but good pickup today and FIRST DIV from the new entity in June.