sharetrader

Hybrid View

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by karen1 View Post
    Re FP's post on LPT's, I had thought it sounded like a good idea, and have a small holding in GMT, and was wondering if I should build on it. But this article today has me re thinking:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/mone...-fund-managers

I wonder if I have become complacent with the ease of owning GMT, and whether others might find the same, with other LPT's.
    I am in the same boat karen1. Have held a small amount of GMT for many years and have enjoyed the regular divie payments and have used the DRP, resulting in a very low average buy price. This article when I read it today concerned me a little but my experience and satisfaction with the results from my GMT investment weigh heavier for me.
    But maybe you are right and we've become complacent.

Thanks iceman, article certainly food for thought. Will be interesting to see if others pick up on it and have an opinion.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by karen1 View Post
    Thanks iceman, article certainly food for thought. Will be interesting to see if others pick up on it and have an opinion.
    I sold out all my property trust holdings last year when they were all near their highs saw the higher interest rates coming and that the units were overpriced,I held them for several years,I think they still have merit especially if your on the top tax rate as you pay the lower 28% rate and don't have to include the income in your tax return as they are all PIE entities,this doesn't increase your gross income which has advantages