sharetrader
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Must be time for the Elections 2014 forum

Yes? How about it.

Advanced Member

It's a foregone conclusion. D Cunliffe will not be PM after the election. Winston Peters will be lost in the storm. The Greens will be two MPs short of their current position.

Maybe not such a good idea...EZ is already devoting 3-4 hours per day on the existing thread.....there is only so much one man can do
    Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Yes? How about it.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    Maybe not such a good idea...EZ is already devoting 3-4 hours per day on the existing thread.....there is only so much one man can do
    All useful contributions are acceptable, either side. I just hope I don't have to post all of the useful content from the other thread, where some of us successfully demolished most of the selfish arguments from the Right.

I note Kim Dotcom is hoping to stack the election in the Left's favour, just like National are hoping to let the Conservative Party and Act through, even though if the latter were pets, they should be put down, to end their misery.

BB, if I can help get Labour back in and moving the country in a more sustainable direction, it's time well spent.

Labour is paying better odds than National at the moment in the ipredict poll. I should place a bet while it's paying so well.

https://www.ipredict.co.nz/app.php?d...PM.2014.LABOUR

Who knows how long the golden boy will last?

https://www.ipredict.co.nz/app.php?d...EY.DEPART.2014
    Last edited by elZorro; 11-02-2014 at 05:39 PM.

Every comedian needs a straight man EZ...I appreciate you volunteering and I quote....

"I just hope I don't have to post all of the useful content from the other thread, where some of us successfully demolished most of the selfish arguments from the Right.

That should take about 10 seconds EZ...at least if you are referring to your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    All useful contributions are acceptable, either side. I just hope I don't have to post all of the useful content from the other thread, where some of us successfully demolished most of the selfish arguments from the Right.

I note Kim Dotcom is hoping to stack the election in the Left's favour, just like National are hoping to let the Conservative Party and Act through, even though if the latter were pets, they should be put down, to end their misery.

BB, if I can help get Labour back in and moving the country in a more sustainable direction, it's time well spent.

Labour is paying better odds than National at the moment in the ipredict poll. I should place a bet while it's paying so well.

https://www.ipredict.co.nz/app.php?d...PM.2014.LABOUR
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

I predict more B.S polls talking up the Lefts bullish election chances follow by a landslide win to the right once again thanks to the looneys shooting themselves in the foot right along with their most disliked leader in recent times .....
    People don't have ideas, ideas have people

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Yes? How about it.
    Definitely time to close the 2011 thread. Most of the contributors seem to be followers of Simon Lusk the National/Act extremist following his instruction " " to take over the blogosphere ".
    It would be a change to get back to debating the actual policies of the contendors but I suppose dreams are free

Westerly

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    Definitely time to close the 2011 thread. Most of the contributors seem to be followers of Simon Lusk the National/Act extremist following his instruction " " to take over the blogosphere ".
    It would be a change to get back to debating the actual policies of the contendors but I suppose dreams are free

Westerly
    I must admit I'd like the title of the other thread not to have 2011 in it, Westerly. But no-one seems to be posting here.

BTW, I don't think I'd like Simon Lusk, even if he is capable of catching an ugly fish in a lake. FP would probably like him.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10887749

Advanced Member

ELZ, think back to the last Labour Leader. In almost everyone's eyes he was a lame duck, heading for the pot - but you didn't agree. I would hate to have to calculate the hours you spent trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Now you would have us believe that Labour will triumph, Led by a cynic with both feet stuck firmly in The "What about the Workers?" philosophy of ancient times. Maybe you could look at importing an Australian leader - they seem to have plenty of spares.

Dilettante

A good article from Eric Watson in the Herald today http://www.nzherald.co.nz/politics/n...ectid=11208050

I think it sums up how many are feeling and is the main reason National will have no trouble winning the election for a third term. Labour being so utterly rudderless helps as well of course

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    A good article from Eric Watson in the Herald today http://www.nzherald.co.nz/politics/n...ectid=11208050

I think it sums up how many are feeling and is the main reason National will have no trouble winning the election for a third term. Labour being so utterly rudderless helps as well of course
    Eric Watson:So that begs the question ... why would you want to change that?
    Why would you want uncertainty of leadership for New Zealand?
    Iceman, don't you think that just maybe, Eric Watson wouldn't like to see a CGT in NZ? He's pushing a massive barrow there.

Dilettante

Iceman, don't you think that just maybe, Eric Watson wouldn't like to see a CGT in NZ? He's pushing a massive barrow there.
    Yes quite possibly he will be against CGT, like so many others. The main point though, is that like a majority of voters, he does not want a change of Government. You & Rod Oram belong to a fast shrinking minority !

Well, heres a scenario which may/probably confront the next government. Home mortgages could well be 10% in 2 years, not only urban national voters but indebted dairy farmers could be severely stretched to cover this debt, amongst all the unfolding stress and economic hardship blame will be directed on the incumbent government, by 2016 the benign economic environment of 2014 will be but a distant memory

Advanced Member

So 51% for National in the latest poll. Greens down. DC having to reassert his support within the party. JK supporting an October election.

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    So 51% for National in the latest poll. Greens down. DC having to reassert his support within the party. JK supporting an October election.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the next round of polls have the Nats even higher ....by not being very clever while the others self destruct

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the next round of polls have the Nats even higher ....by not being very clever while the others self destruct
    There is a small positive, Labour's vote didn't go down, the Greens did (by 5%). Which implies some will vote either National or the Greens. Or, in a more complex way, some are swinging from Labour to National, while others are moving from Greens to Labour, in about equal amounts. People are starting to make their voting decisions from amongst the two main parties.

Don't panic W69, it's still quite a while until the election. The Hamilton East candidate has been selected, (Dr Cliff Allen) he should give the local National MP a run for his money.

There is a small positive, Labour's vote didn't go down, the Greens did (by 5%). Which implies some will vote either National or the Greens. Or, in a more complex way, some are swinging from Labour to National, while others are moving from Greens to Labour, in about equal amounts. People are starting to make their voting decisions from amongst the two main parties.

Don't panic W69, it's still quite a while until the election. The Hamilton East candidate has been selected, (Dr Cliff Allen) he should give the local National MP a run for his money.
    Individual seats don't matter much do they, except the likes of Epsom

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post

The Herald, Australian owned can hardly be considered to be neutral in it's views given the the pro far right leanings of regular columists Bob Jones, Rodney Hide and now Eric Watson with is party political offerring in support of National. Watson doesn,t appear to move in the average NZ 'ers world.
    Hide is or was a member of ACT which hardly rates in any poll but still gets far more media publicity than it deserves. I suppose Prebble will be writing a weekly column next.

westerly

Advanced Member

If you consider the Herald to be right wing then you have your glasses on upside down.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    The Herald, Australian owned can hardly be considered to be neutral in it's views given the the pro far right leanings of regular columists Bob Jones, Rodney Hide and now Eric Watson with is party political offerring in support of National. Watson doesn,t appear to move in the average NZ 'ers world.
    Hide is or was a member of ACT which hardly rates in any poll but still gets far more media publicity than it deserves. I suppose Prebble will be writing a weekly column next.

westerly
    You conveniently forgot to mention regular pen Matt McCarten. Hardly a right winger