sharetrader
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

falkvinge.net/2014/02/28/the-gox-crater-crowd-detectives-reveal-billion-dollar-heist-as-inside-job

IMO

The old bitcoin has flatlined of late ....has it found it's true value ...or so many other crypto currencies talking of it's shine ..
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Bump* quite a bit of activity in Crypto currencies over the last few months.

Last post here 04-05-2015, 08:42 PM

Price of Bitcoin was $233USD ... if you had invested $10000USD you would have $96695USD today. not a bad return for two years.

Disc, holding.

Quote Originally Posted by TJP View Post
    Bump* quite a bit of activity in Crypto currencies over the last few months.

Last post here 04-05-2015, 08:42 PM

Price of Bitcoin was $233USD ... if you had invested $10000USD you would have $96695USD today. not a bad return for two years.

Disc, holding.
    Check out http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...ptocurrencies/ there is a much longer discussion

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SimonHouse View Post
    I like the concept, but because of the unsavoury aspects of what bit/lite/dogecoins have been used for, I won't use bitcoins or any other crypto-currency until I can pay my taxes with them. I'll consider it legitimate then.
    I assume you don't use cash due to the unsavory aspects of what it's been used for? That's just pathetic propaganda use to influence sheeple.

Hi --

I recently bought some crypto currency. It's called Ripple and the token is called XRP. Currently it has the 4th largest crypto market cap.
    Ripple / XRP has a real world purpose, unlike (debatably) most of the other cryptocurrencies Ripple is out to disrupt the incumbents of cross border transactions.

The idea is that banks will use the XRP currency along with Ripple's technology to settle cross border transactions in seconds vs the current settlement time which as everyone knows, is measured in days. Aside from speed, there is another huge advantage to Ripple. Banks can free up dead capital held in nostro accounts if they use XRP as the conversion currency.

If you want to compare to something like Bitcoin (BTC).. The common analogy is that BTC is like the mySpace or AOL of cryptocurrency. Great if you were in at the start, but was quickly surpassed by better solutions. In this analogy Ripple is Google or Facebook.

Continuing with the comparison, BTC simply doesn't scale. Transactions take a long time -- already nearly half an hour to settle I believe -- and it's getting worse. Also, a huge amount of Bitcoin is also controlled by 5 pools. Over 51 percent from memory. This is the opposite of decentralization which is what bitcoin was meant to be a champion of in the first place. Right now, Ripple own a large portion of XRP. But they have a plan to make it much more decentralized, even than BTC.

Anyway thought I'd share! Be interested to hear if anyone's been looking at Ripple or other cryptocurrencies lately.
    Last edited by AndyLP; 10-11-2017 at 05:39 AM.

Bitcoin Gold being mentioned in a twitter feeds etc

Any good?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

hey winner...
    its hard to say... a big media campaign pushed bitcoin cash and had people believing for a moment that bitcoin cash was taking over from bitcoin....
    the reason behind it is because the costs of buying on the exchanges were very high for transactions so miners were switching to bitcoin cash because fees were lower...
    I mentioned sometime ago about bitcoin cash when it was just listed I sort of just overlooked it because I was looking for other investments...

.^sc

oh bitcoin gold you said...
    oh well theres some overview about bitcoin cash...
    winner... I am looking at bitcoin gold for sure... and now after bitcoin cash lots of othet people will too... It will have its day and get a big pump I will buy bitcoin gold sure mate...
    check out powr its australias first ICO its going to be huge

.^sc