sharetrader
Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2424849505152

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    No shame in feeling shattered post race! The general rule of thumb is 1 day recovery for every mile, but probably different given amount of vert and time. Concentrate on a bit of easy active recovery - walking, hill walking, biking, swimming, gym etc. Especially for joints, muscles etc - but just helps keeping the fitness ticking over also. Takes me forever to feel half-decent after the Kepler - especially as usually hang everything out, and have to be scraped off the finish line.
    Hmmm. Nearly two months later and I am finally beginning to feel human again. Managed 16kms today and legs starting to no longer feel like running through treacle.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Hey TGA. How did you get on. Just ordered myself some more R Line and got me thinking about your event. Hopefully you enjoyed it.
    Oh yeah I have been meaning to come on and update. We'll the goal was under way hours and ended up doing 3hrs 1 minute haha. So close but I'm happy I gave it absolutely everything. It was a ridicously hot day and the average time was around 20 minutes slower then the year before. But it does leave it unresolved and now I have to do it again next year to beat the 3hrs (i can foresee the slippery slope into addiction) . I'm planning on doing my first regular half marathon later in the year so we'll see how that goes.

Advanced Member

Oh bugger TGA - 1 minute! Is a bit arbitary though....Ive been initially hugely pi$$ed off when I totally wrecked myself and was 8hrs 1 min in a race. A week (or three) later I realized I was being a complete dick and to just celebrate the effort and getting the job done. Only racing against myself.

Good work MM. Keep those legs ticking over for the next challenge!

I've been a bit laid up through late February/March with some runners knee and hardly doing any running. Better but hasn't gone away, but back into it. Lose that fitness pretty quickly, but did 11.5Km on trail yesterday. Also park run on Saturday and about 45sec outside my PB. Loving the cooler weather this week for running!

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Oh bugger TGA - 1 minute! Is a bit arbitary though....Ive been initially hugely pi$$ed off when I totally wrecked myself and was 8hrs 1 min in a race. A week (or three) later I realized I was being a complete dick and to just celebrate the effort and getting the job done. Only racing against myself.
    Agreed it was a totally arbitrary number, considering I had never done anything of the sort, that I came up with for no reason.
    Regardless, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience of pushing my own limitations. I'm not a runner per se, and that's what I love about life. Being afforded the opportunity to try things I've never done before, just because I've never done them before. You only get one life and the last thing I want is to get to the end and have regrets of not trying something while I was able.

Update Ready To Install

Hey for anyone wanting to do bit of jogging/walking check out Parkrun. Its NZ wide and world wide.A 5 km walk/run every saturday 8am. Later that day your time, even PB's ,place in your sex,agegroup and also GLOBally in your age group, is posted. So you are competing with onlyyourself if you are going for PB's or just a fun socialway to get fit.Lots of tips and ideas on the website.

Its Free and you get issued barcodes which they scan at the end of each walk/run. Ive found it really motivating and having overcome longterm persistent leg niggles, by biking, enjoy it and highly recommend it.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 08-04-2019 at 11:02 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Hey for anyone wanting to do bit of jogging/walking check out Parkrun. Its NZ wide and world wide.A 5 km walk/run every saturday 8am. Later that day your time, even PB's ,place in your sex,agegroup and also GLOBally in your age group, is posted. So you are competing with onlyyourself if you are going for PB's or just a fun socialway to get fit.Lots of tips and ideas on the website.

Its Free and you get issued barcodes which they scan at the end of each walk/run. Ive found it really motivating and having overcome longterm persistent leg niggles, by biking, enjoy it and highly recommend it.
    Its a great event, I am up to about 65 parkruns or so. Many families join in in the one I participate in. It is free as well and run by volunteers. www.parkrun.co.nz

Advanced Member

Yep, I do it, or often volunteer. Think I'm up to 21 in the last 12 or so months.

Well run and totally recommended. No one cares if you run it in 15 mins or 50 mins.