sharetrader
Page 115 of 214 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 2135

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybuffett View Post
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=12033269

Well, there you go, 7 games free to air, pay for the rest. Will be interesting to see how this plays out, how it affects SKY customers as well.
    Unless ABs in opening game or the Final no ABs games free to year. Listening to Mounter on readio this morning unlikely to get AB games replayed on free to air either

But to you guys all irrelevant as you seem to get this stuff streamed free anyway
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

He also said about $100 for the package (all games) and no interruptions for ads during the games.
    All sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by TideMan View Post
    He also said about $100 for the package (all games) and no interruptions for ads during the games.
    All sounds good to me.
    $100 plus or minus sort off

Betcha infrastructure wont manage ..... can't even get a morning of Spotify without it dropping out
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Wonder if existing Spark customers will get it all free/free data

i like the deal , will be very $ beneficial for spark/tvnz i reckon if they pull it off seemlessly.
    one step ahead of the herd

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Nasi Goreng View Post
    Well the telephone companies are leading the way in cutting costs and squeezing every last ounce of profit that they can from their business. I've experienced terrible service from both Spark and Vodafone over the last 2 years, their products are great until there is a problem. It is only then that you realise how bad things have become.

They have done the maths and realised the cost to improve service is far more than the profit lost of customers who leave due to bad service.

As an investor, I struggle to want to back a company that is this short sighted. I know others are the same, it's nice to use the services of owned companies and feel a sense of pride that they care about their customers.
    Have things turned for Spark since this July 2016 post?

I had a couple of dealings with them over the last few months. I had been making a few more toll calls than usual due to the ongoing poor health of a close family member. I think Spark rang me about some promotion and then we got chatting about the cost of toll calls. Spark had noticed I was making more calls than usual and wanted to tell me about the $15 fixed charge I could opt for that gave me as many toll calls as I liked in NZ for the month. I said thanks but no thanks as the family member was now on the mend, so I didn't anticipate making so many calls the next month. Then I was told that I could in advance opt into the no extra charge toll call plan for a month and drop out of it the next month. This is something I did not know, and was a good money saving tip. I relay this advice as a tip to others who may yet come into my situation.

The next Spark encounter saw me setting up a 'fixed line wireless' account. I went through all the usual over the phone box ticking exercise. Then the guy said to me: " I think we might be running a promotion in your area where if you adopt fixed line mobile, you get three months of line charges waived." I had heard about this but thought the promotion had expired, so didn't think to ask about it. Sure enough the promotion was still available and I got three month's connection for free!

What we have here is two examples where the Spark staff went out of their way to save me a few dollars. This is the exact opposite to the Theresa Gattung Telecom era policies of 'confusion', keeping customers muddled about their options so they ended up paying more.

Well done Spark, for taking the time to explain to your customers the most cost effective options! A real back flip on the policies of old!

SNOOPY

discl: Customer and Shareholder
    Last edited by Snoopy; 19-04-2018 at 07:05 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Membaa

@Snoopy, good that you finally got a good experience and better services at lower costs, but shame that you had to work so hard to get it. It would be exemplary service if it proactively came to you without having to seek it out. None of these Telco's are proactive, they rely on customer apathy which sadly works very well for them, as does sh1tty customer service (i.e call centre wait times) hence resistance to bother contacting them, it sustains profitability to ignore the customers who are not insistent. It's not that much different from the Gattung days as few customers in the scheme of things bother to challenge and lo and behold, discover there is a better deal for them, if only they'd bothered asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    It's not that much different from the Gattung days
    Except that we don't have to see her on TV every night telling blatant lies.
    I wonder if there is a better bald-faced liar anywhere in NZ business.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TideMan View Post
    Except that we don't have to see her on TV every night telling blatant lies.
    I wonder if there is a better bald-faced liar anywhere in NZ business.
    Or a better example of a Trougher.

Guru

Just got fibre after lagging behind for a while.
    A lady came around to 'sell' it to me.
    Signed up. Date set for the next week - all steps in 1 visit.
    Date comes around, they arrive on time. 3 hours later all done, running perfectly.
    Now I have a $300 credit for going fibre + free Netflix for 6 months and a free speed upgrade for 1 year.
    So I'm at least $300 better off for getting a better product.
    Not sure that this is good for the shareholder - who pays customers to take their product?
    Yes - I do know that Spark now doesn't have to pay for the copper.