sharetrader
Page 129 of 214 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 2135

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Before or after TAX.?
    Before TAX

percy

Quote Originally Posted by thestg View Post
    Before TAX
    Would you have been better off buying and holding and therefore not paying tax.?

Banned

Would you have been better off buying and holding and therefore not paying tax.?
    This is one stock where savvy traders could make far more than buy and hold types regardless of divvies and or tax. Disc-Have none, overpriced IMO

Just went back over my records and I started trading SPK back in December 2016. SP was $3.40.
    Since then I have 15 Buys & 14 Sells.
    Over the almost 2 years my after tax return has averaged out at 38% (19% per year)
    Buy & hold would have been just under 34% (17% per year)
    So is 2%PA worth it? I've enjoyed the challenge & this has given me a bit extra cash to spend at non-dividend times as well.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by thestg View Post
    Just went back over my records and I started trading SPK back in December 2016. SP was $3.40.
    Since then I have 15 Buys & 14 Sells.
    Over the almost 2 years my after tax return has averaged out at 38% (19% per year)
    Buy & hold would have been just under 34% (17% per year)
    So is 2%PA worth it? I've enjoyed the challenge & this has given me a bit extra cash to spend at non-dividend times as well.
    Thank you for your full reply.
    I have recently retired.
    I thought of openning a trading a/c for a bit of amusement,however it looked as though it would be a paper war keeping track of things,so I have remained an investor.

Membaa

I have recently retired.
    I thought of openning a trading a/c for a bit of amusement,however it looked as though it would be a paper war keeping track of things,so I have remained an investor.
    I am very happy with www.sharesight.co.nz that manages all of my portfolio, tracking, reporting etc. It covers watchlists, investments, trades, dividends, splits, autoload buys & sells, cash balance .. you name it, it's a very useful system and is constantly getting better. And NO paper. Easy to use as well.

Banned

I have recently retired.
    I'm old school and have never used a computer system for my business as a sole trader during the last 28yrs, I run a simple income and expenditure bookkeeping system, same for shares, I still get all my contract notes by mail and reconcile things every week.

Speech for AGM certainly keen on 5G implementation with a few pushes at government to get through allocation of spectrum on time.
    But I agree that its huge for Spark, and something they can use to differentiate themselves from smaller competitors.
    As a wireless technology it will reduce their dependence on Chorus and its fixed pricing.
    I get enough freebies as a full Spark customer that I dont look around for cheaper pricing. Netflix, Fanpass (not free but cheaper) and Im watching a few things on Lightbox too.

I think Spark can prosper as a modern day telco, though profit growth wont come easy, so on an earnings basis it remains expensive.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

I am hoping they come up with a 5G plan that lets me get rid of Enable and my isp...But we will see..

Bit of confusion at AGM about what AI stands for
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”